DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance information needed

taptofocus

Reactions
OK I'm writing to inquire those of you that's gotten Insurance through State Farm the question is where you able to get it as a stand-alone policy or did you have to incorporate homeowners or renters insurance as well? Any information would be well appreciated and please be sure to leave The state you reside in thank you. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Florida State Farm is $75/yr with $100 deductible. This is for a stadalone policy with no other homeowners insurance. They would cover the cost of the repair or replacement as well as the transportation costs to and from DJI.

Sent from my SM-T800 using MavicPilots mobile app

Covered! You may have to provide a fight log and interpret it for them. :) They are not drone pilots.

Stand alone is obtainable here in Nevada as well. 60 $ a year . Covers soup to nuts.

All peril coverage. Bur, maybe be easier to get coverage for "stolen" than flyaway...just sayin!

I don't know if the rates change depending upon whether or not you were already a State Farm policy holder - which I was here in Delaware - but I had 2 aircraft in the same price range completely covered by my drone policy for $87 a year, with no deductible. I hope I never have to try it out, though.

Covered! You may have to provide a fight log and interpret it for them. :) They are not drone pilots.

Stand alone is obtainable here in Nevada as well. 60 $ a year . Covers soup to nuts.

Many thanks.

Stand alone here in PA, but I have other State Farm policies. Of course any agent is going to try selling you additional policies

Just got a policy from Georgia State Farm, $60/year, no deductible. This is the only policy of any type that I have with State Farm. Covers everything, loss, theft, water damage, crash into a herd of cattle, abduction by alien, stepped on by Sasquatch, or eaten by Loch Ness Monster.

Reactions: BD0G
So I just went through this process this week. So I originally called just to get the personal property plan. They quoted me 52 dollars and I signed up for it....without any other policy.

But, she did ask if she can get me a quote for home and auto insurance. I said sure. I figured it would come back higher then what I'm currently playing and I would just dismiss it. Turns out, auto and home would save me 400 dollars a year. So glad she did that.

so now my two drones are covered, my DSRL is covered, my home and car are covered (with a cheaper deductible then before), and I also get roadside assistance. So if my wife forgets her keys again....I can have someone else deal with it. ;)

To answer the question poster garysmacman asked earlier, no the policies being described here do not cover liability, just damage to - or loss of - the drone itself.

Liability protection is never cheap. I don't know if a homeowner's policy would kick in in the event of a drone accident and provide some liability coverage, but you could inquire into a Personal Liability Protection Umbrella Policy that may. I had one (and still do) for years when I worked as a print journalist to cover me in the event the publications I worked for were ever sued for libel by something I had written (I am still published on occassion.). However, being the ethical and circumspect newsman that I set out to be, I never placed myself in that kind of danger. But insurance companies will cover nearly anything as long as you're willing to pay the premiums. Getting drone coverage at these prices is, to me, a no-brainer.

OK I'm writing to inquire those of you that's gotten Insurance through State Farm the question is where you able to get it as a stand-alone policy or did you have to incorporate homeowners or renters insurance as well? Any information would be well appreciated and please be sure to leave The state you reside in thank you. [emoji3]

Stand alone policy for me. He's covering both my mavic pros for just 60 bucks no deductible. Message me if you want his info.

Reactions: Davee123 and BD0G
All these quotes for insurance seem low to me. Are they including liability and if so what coverage limit? Thanks.

Hmm, Covers Drone and associated accessories if a theft situation. If a crash situation it covers the Mavic Pro itself and replacement at full replacement cost.

It appears you "may" be referring to if someone or something is damaged or injured by your drone. This Personal Articles Policy covers your property and not the other party so liability would not be a factor.

I will copy and paste my policy with pertinent personal information redacted if you would find that helpful.

I'm pretty sure they'll require a police report in that case.

YES they do and they will ask if you have one before consideration of fulfilment of policy reimbursement. No worries you can always call after the fact and relate the details of the crime. Heck in the Bay Area CA police will not even respond to a simple theft of this nature and state over the phone they are "too busy" ( I was F in shocked at that one) . I was told to get online and file the report if I needed a police report number. What the F?
This was when my Jeep Jerry Cans and custom bracket were stolen one night.

Stand alone policy for me. He's covering both my mavic pros for just 60 bucks no deductible. Message me if you want his info.

2 Mavics for 60 Dollars ! Holy shite that takes the cake! Well done! I thought it was a bargain for just covering one!

I'm in texas and I got a personal property plan designed specifically for drones that ran me $60 total for a year with zero deductible for both my Fly More Mavic and my Walkera F210.

I am not a State Farm customer at all aside from this.

Reactions: /\ll/\round
Thank you all for all the info! Living in one of the most litigious states in the US liability is always a concern. I just joined the the AMA, no not that AMA, THE ACADEMY OF MODEL AERONAUTICS. Membership includes $2,500,000 personal liability insurance coverage and a bunch more benefits for $75 a year.
Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas