Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance Query

• Thread starter Deleted member 16891
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16891

Hey,

I've got DJI care refresh as a start. I'm wondering however, what insurance you guys have other than care refresh and if any of you have bought public liability insurance too?

Thanks,
Hawx

I was chatting to an Octocopter guy today and he tells me that annual insurance is only £16 per year. When I tried to get a quote it was nearer £200. Anyone else got any quotes they are prepared to share?

Photoguard is a good option. £30 for the eyear with £50 excess.

Thanks Superswaz. I gave them a call just now and asked them if they covered fly-aways and they said only if it is retrieved. Fly-aways being me biggest fear.

Does anyone else know anyone that covers fly-aways and theft when you can't retrieve them?

Thanks Superswaz. I gave them a call just now and asked them if they covered fly-aways and they said only if it is retrieved. Fly-aways being me biggest fear.

Does anyone else know anyone that covers fly-aways and theft when you can't retrieve them?

Stick a Trackimo on it. Then you have a 99% chance of recovery.

Reactions: balshawr
Yep, i insured my new mavic with Aviva yesterday to replace my AA home contents insurance.

Reactions: balshawr
If I get insurance with PhotoGuard is it worth also purchasing the DJI Cover?

Reactions: krobert291
I only took home insurance cover, really for piece of mind, it covers total loss, damage and third party .. seems one could over do insurance .. each to there own, but u need/can only claim on one policy

I am thinking Photo Guard for theft and accidental damage and BFMA for public liability cover.

Any thoughts please ?

I am thinking Photo Guard for theft and accidental damage and BFMA for public liability cover.

Any thoughts please ?

Same as me just want confirmation Photo Guard Cover drone use and theft haha

Same as me just want confirmation Photo Guard Cover drone use and theft haha

The reply Photo Guard sent to my email asking if they cover Quadcoptors ( I Hate the `D` Word ) was

We are certainly able to cover Drones on our Photoguard policy for theft and accidental damage. However, we do not cover drones for public liability or mechanical breakdown. `

Hope that helps you .

Reactions: R_DRONEFLYER
Hi everyone.

I just bought £5m of public liability insurance for £15.80 a year - which seems bit of a bargain.

Apparently, members of FPV UK are automatically covered - so I joined, purely to get the insurance!

My home insurance is with Churchill, who seem to exclude drones, so I'm not sure what to do about accident damage / theft.

Hi everyone.

I just bought £5m of public liability insurance for £15.80 a year - which seems bit of a bargain.

Apparently, members of FPV UK are automatically covered - so I joined, purely to get the insurance!

My home insurance is with Churchill, who seem to exclude drones, so I'm not sure what to do about accident damage / theft.

Switch to AVIVA for your home insurance :)

Reactions: Mike357
My home insurance is not due for renewal for ages. I checked with them (Hastings Premier) and they said drones are not covered in any shape or form. I have DJI Refresh for damage, and I got public liability through FPV UK (thanks for the tip on this thread) but I still need something for a fly-away! It has a Loca8tor tag on it but that doesn't help if it goes in the sea or ends up in a particularly inconveniently shaped tree..

Anyone (UK-based, obviously!) have any ideas, given I can't change my home insurance just yet?

I have DJI Refresh for damage, and I got public liability through FPV UK (thanks for the tip on this thread) but I still need something for a fly-away! It has a Loca8tor tag on it but that doesn't help if it goes in the sea or ends up in a particularly inconveniently shaped tree..

Anyone (UK-based, obviously!) have any ideas, given I can't change my home insurance just yet?

No probs mate, welcome to the forum!

I have the same setup in terms of insurance, the DJI Refresh and the FPVUK liability deal.

As you say, this doesn't cover me for flyaways, or for it dropping in to one of the countless lakes and canals I plan on flying over!! I'm still not brave enough to fly over water yet lol :rolleyes:

I'm wary of making a claim on my house insurance (not that I'm covered anyway (Churchhill)) because of the increased premiums for the next five years, I fear that might actually cost more than a new Mavic.

The "Getterback" is one possible option for flying over water, but the float is sooooo small, I'm not sure I'd see it if it dropped in to a reservoir. Plus, how the heck would I even get out there if it did?!

So for now, I have no solution or answers.. apart from a credit card to by another in the event of a disaster :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme