DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

insurance?

skyeye73

Reactions
hi, new to the mavic so have a question. obviously the mavic is a pricey bit of kit at 1200. losing it is obviously a worry. what insurance do people recommend and how much are people paying (uk).

I live right next to river with some nice arch bridges and would like to do some over water filming but **** scared of it going for a swim.

Check your house contents insurance...I believe Aviva gives great cover for drones.

Mine only covers accidental damage if not in use at the time :-(

Oh, and whereabouts in the UK?
I'm northwest myself...

Just insured through PhotoGaurd, they have a £50 excess but will replace with new equipment. You have to be able to send in the 'damaged' drone. Cost me just under £40 per annum to insure both the Mavic and the Spark. Not a lot really and gives me a bit more peace of mind, as I'm not sure I trust DJI to ever honour / complete their Refresh policy. My Refresh runs out on the Mavic in two months so wanted an insurance back in place.

Any flying for hire requires insurance as well.
Even if they don't, you should have it anyway!

Welcome from another Midlander (J9 M6 here)

As far as Insurance goes, by far the best is BackMeUp.co.uk for Theft/Loss/Fly-Aways/Accidental Damage
For Public Liability FPVUK.org

Some home insurance companies do cover drones (AVIVA for example), but if you claim, your premiums will shoot up, so probably best to get separate insurance.

--

If flying over water, get yourself a GetterBack or some floats so you can recover the bird if it goes for a dunk. Turn off Landing Sensors also as they can get confused by water.

I found cover with insure4drones I rang them and got a better price than their website. They offered me a flight test policy for £25 which I had to move a couple of times due to weather but they did it for free! Cover seems good as it meets the CAA regs and I got a cheaper price as they said they charge less for how much you have in the air rather than the total value of all your kit - seems sensible to me! Only problem I can see is that they only cover professional pilots not hobbiests although the did say they are working on this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka