DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent Battery/Solar and Mavic Controller Hood - Mavic availability

AlR

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd give a few updates/thoughts.

Firstly, I live in Hong Kong and was pleasantly surprised that the Mavic is now available over-the-counter in HK with no more pre-order required.

All the accessories also appear to be in plentiful stock and managed to pick-up alongside some extra batteries the attached hood - which is pretty neat.

Second thought was I charge my mavic batteries using the car charger and solar and the intelligent battery does a great job of pulsing the power to the battery as it will stay at 80watts output and then cycle down as it gets close to full per cell. Seems to do a really good job on the conditioning of the batteries even if they are LiPo and I'd guess don't need too much maintenance?

Best,

Al

IMG_2368.JPGIMG_2369.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Why don't you just use a regular outlet in your house to charge the batteries?

Why don't you just use a regular outlet in your house to charge the batteries?

Hahaha - sorry my bad English.. yes I do use the regular outlets but take the Solar Kit with me when I'm out-and-about for extra flying time.. but now I've got the extra batteries; not really required.

I was just making the observation that the solar charger shows the output wattage and you can see it varying through the charge cycle.

The solar charger is pretty cool. I wonder if there is a more portable sized one that would still give you enough juice to charge the lipo batteries. Would come handy for people that go on extended hikes

Interesting, which model is your goalzero solar charger? How long does it take to charge your DJI battery? Saw it, Yeti 400, wow, that setup with the panel will be over 40 lbs!!

The solar charger is pretty cool. I wonder if there is a more portable sized one that would still give you enough juice to charge the lipo batteries. Would come handy for people that go on extended hikes

There is :)

IMG_2370.JPG

Interesting, which model is your goalzero solar charger? How long does it take to charge your DJI battery? Saw it, Yeti 400, wow, that setup with the panel will be over 40 lbs!!

I haven't timed - but seems to be the same time as from the mains charger or very close.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000