DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting observation...

According to my dealer, the problem is that all of the YouTube reviewer drones flew away and joined into a sentient swarm. They're currently using the jetstream to fly to the DJI factory in China, where they will release their brethren and form an enormous, yet highly portable, squadron to destroy the meatbag creators and unleash a Mavic-led, machine-ruling future.

The good news is that those customers who preordered in the first two hours will be spared destruction and kept alive to run the DJI factory and continue the birth of our cybernetic, quadcopter-based machine master species.

And people thought I was crazy when I told them what I saw in the sky recently!!! :eek:

Well this might indicate something is certainly going on with the pre-production units that many of the YouTube personalities were given.

SKIP to 7:02 (sorry not sure why the shared start at time link is not working)

It's a new product. I for one will be buying the DJI $99 insurance to make sure that while any issues are being worked out I'm not left out in the cold...
Insurance does no good if it is lost or gets wet.

Well this might indicate something is certainly going on with the pre-production units that many of the YouTube personalities were given.

They're all very vague about why they're not flying their Mavics anymore.

I'll start another rumor then: we are about to get $1299 checks in the mail. What is the number for Gopro?

I'm just glad they're sorting this one out before shipping. They probably fixed it already, but have to flash every Mavic before they ship. Just in case someone unwisely doesn't update firmware upon receipt.

I agree
I'm just glad they're sorting this one out before shipping. They probably fixed it already, but have to flash every Mavic before they ship. Just in case someone unwisely doesn't update firmware upon receipt.

I agree with this and frankly I'm glad that if a flaw was found, it is being addressed before any distribution takes place. I'm well back in the pre-order line, through an authorized vendor, and not sweating delivery. Hey it's that much more time that my mavic will not fly away or crash. I've been lucky to have never crashed my P3's. My number may be up...

Reactions: umneycreep

Oh geeze, what she is rambling about at 7:02 has nothing to do with the Mavic. Sure, she was talking about flying over water, but that just reminded her about the fact that she dropped a very expensive dslr camera into the pool while making the video just prior to this one.

Reactions: The Editor

No - you are required to register your drone on the DJI site before it's first flight. At that time a firmware update can be forced by DJI. A mandatory firmware update would not be a reason to hold shipping on any already boxed production.

That's awesome that we have DJI representation on this forum!

So, how does one actually know the wind speed and when it's not safe to fly? I flew my P3A off the cliffs of Sydney over the ocean with winds that kind of scared me but was shocked at how well it handled it. I don't have any idea how fast the wind was blowing though....

I start the no-fly evaluation when the wind gets over 15-20. I've flown in 25+mph winds but it just is not fun and you have to be very careful... and you usually want to fly up wind of your position if possible. It is easy to eat up a lot of battery heading back home against the wind. If you misjudge that your bird is going down.

Reactions: Derf
Not yet. It came up on the App. Users are going to like this. The update comes up on the App you download and then do the upgrade to the craft. You do not have to make any connections. Just your wifi enabled device connected to the controller.
That's good to hear about updates. Could you provide any release notes about this update?

I was skimming through the video and at 5:21 I think I see the Mavic RC
and at around 7:15 I hear her say she flew over water...and lost her drone..

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandon Wells
There is an update. I am doing it right now.
That is very interesting that there is already an update and it's not even released yet. Would be good to know what the release notes say about the update. And BTW, I have to say that I am very impressed with DJI who seem to be on top of issues. We can say what we want about possible issues but here is an update that is pre-release, which is a good thing. TU

Reactions: edoginasia
I don't have the release notes. They are not available on the App. Here is what I can tell you. The new App has Focus Peaking and Manual Focus for those that are interested. For those that are not, you can still tap to focus or set the manual focus to infinity.

Reactions: Bibs
No - you are required to register your drone on the DJI site before it's first flight. At that time a firmware update can be forced by DJI. A mandatory firmware update would not be a reason to hold shipping on any already boxed production.
There has never been a mandatory upgrade issued by DJI.
The user chooses to update.......or not.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000