DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interference help. Flight review

flabombarda

Reactions
Guys,

Today I tried to fly in a region I fly at least once a week. It is IN the city, so interference is normal, and expected.
However today was almost impossible to fly.
- I was unable to get clear video, not even for a second.
- Did not lose signal on the remote, in fact the remote had 90% of the time full bars of signal for both controller and video.

The quality was so bad that I returned and landed
Below you can see the flight log on airdata.com
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

airdata.JPG

Is there any recommendation/setting to reduce this ?

Yesterday on a different location I got 2.8Km distance on a straight line, so it is not a hw problem.

thanks

I'm seeing a significant amount of interference. It could be Wifi or radio interference, maybe even a cell phone tower.

Guys,

Today I tried to fly in a region I fly at least once a week. It is IN the city, so interference is normal, and expected.
However today was almost impossible to fly.
- I was unable to get clear video, not even for a second.
- Did not lose signal on the remote, in fact the remote had 90% of the time full bars of signal for both controller and video.

The quality was so bad that I returned and landed
Below you can see the flight log on airdata.com
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

View attachment 10810

Is there any recommendation/setting to reduce this ?

Yesterday on a different location I got 2.8Km distance on a straight line, so it is not a hw problem.

thanks

Fly somewhere else.

It really is that simple, you have to understand this kind of location is going to give you massive issues.

Mobile phones
Cell towers
Wireless broadband
Wireless CCTV
Wireless Burglar alarms
Any and every kind of wireless home automation system.

Anything else that decides it's going to be there on that day

All of these will by tying to use the 2.4ghz licence free band that your craft is also trying to use.

I was wondering the same thing... don't see how a stock battery can do that.

I'd say there's an error somewhere with the data or the airdata algorithm:

Here is a "normalish" result from one of my flights:
upload_2017-4-16_17-44-16.png

Here is his. 7 hours. 48 miles.
upload_2017-4-16_17-44-44.png

So I'd chalk this up to error and not a miraculous mod. And the error in the data may have something to do with all the interference.

I'd say there's an error somewhere with the data or the airdata algorithm:

Here is a "normalish" result from one of my flights:
View attachment 10849

Here is his. 7 hours. 48 miles.
View attachment 10850

So I'd chalk this up to error and not a miraculous mod. And the error in the data may have something to do with all the interference.
Unlikely. He only used 19% battery in ten minutes. With that he can fly another 30 minutes at the same rate and still have 22% battery left.

For the sake of troubleshooting this, you need to try and fly somewhere outside of the city. If it's still buggy, that will tell us something, like there is a problem with the drone. If it's not buggy, that will confirm signal interference (kinda).

Unlikely. He only used 19% battery in ten minutes. With that he can fly another 30 minutes at the same rate and still have 22% battery left.

Did you look at what I posted? Reporting that he had 7 hours and 48 miles of battery. Data error and/or algorithm error IMO.

That 19% is probably just as bogus.

Did you look at what I posted? Reporting that he had 7 hours and 48 miles of battery. Data error and/or algorithm error IMO.

That 19% is probably just as bogus.
I did, but I highly doubt the landing battery value is bogus. And given your recent slip, not your fault I know, on another thread...:cool:

Seriously though, if we want to find out. Let's have a look at the original TXT.

@flabombarda can you upload the original TXT to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and post a link back here.

I did, but I highly doubt the landing battery value is bogus. And given your recent slip, not your fault I know, on another thread...:cool:

Seriously though, if we want to find out. Let's have a look at the original TXT.

Kick me when I'm down, eh...

He flew a round trip of 2 km - could he have flown 4x that for a 20% reserve? Sure.

He flew 10 minutes - could he have flow 4x that with a 20% reserve? Not sure at all.

Here is his voltage over time (and speed so you know something is happening).

The voltage is the orange line. It's "jammed" at 12.256V from time stamp 09:58.

The data is bogus. The data is from airdata (download the CSV and use good 'ole Excel).

upload_2017-4-16_18-46-12.png

(Edit - re-did graph with volts scale on right).

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-16_18-33-37.png
    upload_2017-4-16_18-33-37.png
    111 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Here is his voltage over time (and speed so you know something is happening).

The voltage is the orange line. It's "jammed" at 12.256V from time stamp 09:58.

The data is bogus. The data is from airdata (download the CSV and use good 'ole Excel).

View attachment 10852
That's why I want the original TXT uploaded. That will tell us if this is modded, or he got a freakishly good battery.

That's why I want the original TXT uploaded. That will tell us if this is modded, or he got a freakishly good battery.

You really think the voltage magically got stopped at 12.whatever? See the revised graph for his drone, above, to illustrate the volts behaving normalish and then freezing. Chain of custody: his TXT to AirData; AirData . CSV to my Mac.

Here is what the volts should look like over a flight, freaky battery or not.
Again with speed for a reference. Volts on right scale. Volts drop over time other than short term variance. (Just some random flight of my own - P4P) .

upload_2017-4-16_18-48-54.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803