DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interference Question

Chris_Toronto

Reactions
One of the videos I would like to take when my Mavic arrives (tomorrow :)) is of all old fire tower (picture atached). It's in a very remote location, but I know that there are many antennas and wifi transmitters on it. I would like to be able to use it as point of interest and have the Mavic circle around it. Is this a bad idea? How close would I have to get to it for it to be a problem? Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

upload_2016-10-30_12-56-23.png

I flew mine around a mountain top yesterday full of towers & antennas and had no issues. Not to say you won't, but just my experience.

Just be sure the Return To Home altitude is set higher than the tower. And fly a bit in the general area before you try the POI.

Too many unknowns.
One would have to ask the person in charge of the tower what antenna's are in use and what frequencies they are transmitting on. The research the frequency that the transmitter and receiver for the Mavic Pro is using.

Then if the Mavic Pro is using frequencies within the same band then it would be a very bad idea to fly near or around this tower. Even if the frequencies are close together in the bandwidth it could be problematic as there can be slight bleed over of the frequency.

One could experiment by flying at very low altitudes near the tower being sure to stay near the ground to determine if there is interference and that interference produced unfavorable results.
Dropping from a lower height is always a better outcome. :)

One of the videos I would like to take when my Mavic arrives (tomorrow :)) is of all old fire tower (picture atached). It's in a very remote location, but I know that there are many antennas and wifi transmitters on it. I would like to be able to use it as point of interest and have the Mavic circle around it. Is this a bad idea? How close would I have to get to it for it to be a problem? Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

View attachment 619

Is this in Perth , on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair