DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Internal rattle

Chippie314

Reactions
I searched and I couldn't find any similar complaints.

I received my Mavic on 12/2 and out of the box it had an internal rattle like a piece inside is loose.

I initially flew very carefully hoping that it wouldn't be a flight safety issue and I haven't had any problems after almost 3 flight hours.

I had considered sending it to DJI when I first discovered the problem, but I had waited 2 months to receive it and couldn't bare to wait any longer to fly it.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. Also, I've considered opening the case and seeing if I can get the piece out or see what the problem is, but I'm concerned that it would void the warranty.

Sometimes it sounds like it lodges itself inside and the rattle goes away.

Any ideas, suggestions?

If it were me, I don't think I'd fly it with something loose rattling around inside. From someone elses post, an assembler dropped a screw and it eventually was able to be coaxed into coming out. The possibility of it shorting something out or causing damage with a conductive screw mid-flight doesn't sit well with me.

Now what you do is up to you, and I'm not going to tell you to do one thing or another. That being said, I've taken apart more complex things than the Mavic and fixed more complicated issues. I'd rather have the Mavic in my hot little hands and repair it myself, rather than send it off for two more weeks of waiting.

Some guys expect/demand perfect out of the box. Hobby experience over the years has prepared me to resolve many issues myself, and short of some serious manufacturer defect, I don't like sending things back for repair. Chances are you might be able to work it out of one of the vents. Voiding warranty may be concern, and honestly until I get my Mavic Thursday I don't know where the tamper stickers are (if it has them). I've had success with heat guns on those before.

Reactions: sonof40
Yeah, I agree with you about taking it apart myself. I might wait until iFixit does a tear down to see what to watch for as far as tamper stickers.

I might try to see if it will find its way out the arm hinges on its own.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000