DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

International Insurance.

MavicKhan

Reactions
There's no Civil Liability insurance offers in my country, at the moment, and I am becoming worried that a possible incident might have serious financial consequences, if other people or property are injured.

I started looking at possible international offers and came across this:

IDRA Drone Racing

The coverage is automatically offered with the membership.

Are any users here IDRA members?

How reliable is the outfit?

Thanks.

MK

Hi,
International Drone Racing Association, Inc., (IDRA) has been around for a few year's in the USA and is the World Standard in Drone Racing both here in the USA and Internationally. Have you visited their website: idra.co

Why their Membership/Insurance is so great is that it covers myself anywhere I am in the world. I do not have to be at one of their races to be covered. As soon as I became a member my insurance started immediately and I was issued a certificate of Insurance with my new membership #. Which will allow me a 20% off of all future race event entries, along with the same on tickets for any event.

If you have any questions, contact [email protected] and they are more than happy to assist you in anyway.

I am very pleased knowing that wherever I am that I will be protected.

Thanks,

DP

Yes, I have contacted them but am still pending on a reply.

I am not interested in the races facilitation provisions by themselves but rather in the broad coverage you mentioned.

The international coverage you refer to is great for US citizens but what I am looking for is coverage for a non-resident, under the same terms.

The wording on their site makes me think it is available but, again, I am still waiting for confirmation on that.

Thank you for your input.

MK

Reactions: KevinT
Hi,
International Drone Racing Association,Inc., (IDRA) membership/insurance program covers you no matter where you live, travel or fly, as long as you are complying with applicable FAA regulations, or other country's equivalent regulations and IDRA's safety regulations.

They have provided myself with great service and response to my questions. Are you emailing them at [email protected] or [email protected]

This is a great relief for myself knowing that I am fully protected with a primary liability insurance package worldwide.

Thanks,

DP

Please post the response you get from the association, as it is something I have been searching for as well. I'm based in the U.K. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Don't understand? What response post are you looking for?
I informed all the necessary information pertaining to International Drone Racing Association, Inc., (IDRA).
They have been very responsive and helpful to me.
Thank you.
DP

Reactions: mmunchies
A little late for this thread I guess but I would like to thank dronepeople for the info regarding IDRA. Having spectacularly failed to find anyone in Australia who provided recreational drone insurance, my travel insurance certainly doesn't, I stumbled across this thread and, I have to say, I couldn't be happier. I contacted IDRA @ [email protected] and also visited their website. I am not normally this impetuous but I decided to join having read their insurance information and looked at their videos before I had a response to my email. Anyway, they were terrific. Despite an overnight storm which knocked out their servers, they had responded to my email, registered me as a member and sent me the insurance certificate within 16 hours of me making contact. At Aus $309 for 12 month membership and insurance cover to US $1,000,000 it is a very reasonable deal. I'm about to visit Canada for the first time and had pretty much decided to leave my Drone at home given their restrictive flying laws (probably not much worse than Australia I have to say) and requirement for liability insurance. So now it's coming with me. Thanks again. Bonnie at IDRA was very helpful and responsive btw.

You were luckier than me.

My requests to have the policy terms sent over was repeatedly met with just general information about terms and coverage.

Insurance sellers really have to understand that the full policy is the actual product they're selling and it makes as much sense withholding it for a full read as it makes for a car salesman not to show the actual vehicle they are trying to sell.

...It also makes any prospective buyer a bit wary about what provisions/restrictions the policy might entail for that resistance to be a factor.

MK

You were luckier than me.

My requests to have the policy terms sent over was repeatedly met with just general information about terms and coverage.

Insurance sellers really have to understand that the full policy is the actual product they're selling and it makes as much sense withholding it for a full read as it makes for a car salesman not to show the actual vehicle they are trying to sell.

...It also makes any prospective buyer a bit wary about what provisions/restrictions the policy might entail for that resistance to be a factor.

MK

Yes that would be extremely worrying. As usual, if it sounds too good to be true.....

I am also an Aussie resident and have been unable to find an insurer for recreational use, except for IDRA. The IDRA website says "View details in Insurance Info PDF", but there is no link to a PDF. I emailed Bonnie and got a quick reply stating "I will have to get with our IT dept. to see why you are not able to retrieve the PDF file.". Does anyone on this forum have a copy of the terms of the policy?

It looks like it's a choice between taking the plunge and becoming an IDRA member, or leaving my drone at home when I go overseas at the end of the month.

So should this coverage be viewed as supplementary to any insurance coverage that you have in your home county or could this become my principle and sole method of coverage for my home county, U.S.? The price on this is significantly less than any commercial liability insurance that I have been able to find here in the U.S.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7