DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Invisible Restricted Area?

Reactions
hello all
I have been having issues with Active Tracking as after a short while the aircraft stops and tells me it is "Entering Restricted Area". I cannot see any restriction on the map, and quite often (not always) I can just land, take off and start again, even though after a short while the same thing happens again.

How can I check for sure if there is a restriction in the area?
I remember seeing big red circles for NFZ on the Go App map, should it not display anything for restricted areas too?

I do feel this might be a bug more than an actual restricted area, has anyone had this issue?

Worth mentioning that after the aircraft comes out of Active Track it will still fly, but only in manual mode, no intelligent flight modes..

thank you!

mmm sounds strange to me as on the DJI go maps all restricted areas here are in red, including prisons, military bases airfields and sports stadiums, even young offenders institutions are red NFZ areas.

maybe you can post exactly where you are flying or give co ordinates so someone can help pin point your location

mmm sounds strange to me as on the DJI go maps all restricted areas here are in red, including prisons, military bases airfields and sports stadiums, even young offenders institutions are red NFZ areas.

maybe you can post exactly where you are flying or give co ordinates so someone can help pin point your location
Thank you Gary,
For example the last time it stopped was around point 45.483337, 6.924805
Thank you!!

Gabriele (nice name by the way) i am out right now but i will have a look when i can but may not be until toimorrow as i am not sure i am home tonight. Hopefully someone can come in earlier with some help maybe @Robbyg or @Cyberpower678 if they are not too busy. (also they have far more knowledge than me.

Oh also it seems when you fly in Active track and come out it will reset all your settings and this may also be an issue.

Try also turning your GEO off and see if that helps, one last thing uninstall DJI go app and reinstall (you can keep your flight logs etc when reinstalled just press the flight synch in flight records and it will bring back your flight logs)

Is the app and NFZ database correctly up to date? You can also disable display of some zones on the map in the app...

Reactions: Gary cato
Is the app and NFZ database correctly up to date? You can also disable display of some zones on the map in the app...
Thanks and Cyberpower, I don't like to disturb you too much but you guys have far more experience with this stuff than me

i also took a look and looks like nice flying area over that lake :) i checked no fly zones but also could not see anything.

As Kilrah said i would check u have everything updated and reinstall DJI GO 4, this has sometimes fixed and issue for me especially after FW updates.

Thank you guys
Might be a National park but as you said, no restrictions show up.. so it shouldn't say it's restricted, right?

I'll try reinstall Go App and see what happens..

Hi there,
I'm now experiencing the same problem as you - did you find a solution?

Hello,

I’m reviving this thread to ask if anybody can shed any light? Having exactly the same issue.

Hi All

Just purchased my Air yesterday and took it for its first flight this morning.
Thought I’d try active tracking and after a few minutes, it stopped and displayed a restricted area on screen.

Anyone know what’s causing this yet and a fix for it ?

Thanks

Hi All

Just purchased my Air yesterday and took it for its first flight this morning.
Thought I’d try active tracking and after a few minutes, it stopped and displayed a restricted area on screen.

Anyone know what’s causing this yet and a fix for it ?

Thanks
The first thing to determine is whether you are, in fact, in a restricted area. What's the location?

A6B24EF6-AF7E-4950-B314-5B9EBAF5151B.jpeg Hi,

As far as I am aware I was not, and never received the warning when I flew my Phanton in the same area ?!

I am new to this and I hope these are coordinates ?

Many thanks

In England that's the New Forest National Park and if England has same rules as FCC that would be a no fly zone.

Same issue here in Spain.
Only happen with track mode.
When I am flying in track mode far to airports, city or natural parks the dron stop and red screen with area prohibited.
Also, the track mode is bad, lost me continuously.

I am using a Mavic air that works perfectly without track mode.

Any idea?

Thanks so much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000