DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad 12" pro

hroberts

Reactions
Ok, maybe I'm nuts, but i was thinking of a way to use my iPad Pro 12" with my Mavic. The concept would have to be to decouple the controller from the iPad and use a long cable between the two. Then have the iPad strapped to my chest at the right viewpoint. Saw this iPad carrying case/cover with strap, cross-body bag, backpack | photos. And got me thinking. Comments? (I know you guys will have lots!)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'd suggest mocking up something temporary just to try it before you order; looks like it would work, but you may find it awkward getting at the controls on the iPad, find it not stable, or prone to your controller dropping on it. You may also love it, and can buy with confidence! Let me know how it works out!

c96eb49318b113abb007c824f6ccf0f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Interesting but kinda takes the point out of portability? I use my pro whenever portability isn't an issue and just put it on the car bonnet (hood!) of the car or somewhere close to me and use a 2m car. Do you walk around alot whilst flying?

I've used my iPad Pro 12.9 inch without issue. (Though it's not my normal setup). I really like that case you linked here but there's no way in h3ll I'd pay $250 for a case. That said, the bigger and brighter screen is nice to look at while flying.

Reactions: RogueOne
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S