DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Air 2 won't connect to controller.

amzcdgs

Reactions
My Ipad DJI go app just showed disconnected. No video feed or any connection to the RC.
In the RC calibration settings, nothing works when I move the joystick. I can't view any medias in my Mavic Pro.
It works fine on my iPhone 6s.
I tried all kinds of USB Lightning cables, none of them works, but they all worked great with my iPhone 6s. And I did take the left mini USB cable off, and used the one under the RC to connect to my iPad, it doesn't work, but again, it worked great with my iPhone 6s.
I fully restored my iPad, and reinstall DJI go app, still no luck.
I refresh the firmware on my RC (newest firmware) v01.03.0500, no luck.
It used to work fine with my iPad when I first got my Mavic. Everytime I plugged the RC to iPad, it showed the feedback (charging icon then goes to no charge) but iPad DJI go app doesn't detect my RC at all.
Please help and thanks in advance.
QBSNttQ.jpg

dyksCYt.jpg

Are you using Go or Go4? Go doesn't work with the Mavic. There should be no charging going on when you use the bottom port and you should also be asked to trust this computer when you plug in the iPad. If you're not being prompted for the trust I would restart the iPad. If you restart and wait until the controller is powered on before you plug it into your ipad I would delete the app and reinstall it.

Are you using Go or Go4? Go doesn't work with the Mavic. There should be no charging going on when you use the bottom port and you should also be asked to trust this computer when you plug in the iPad. If you're not being prompted for the trust I would restart the iPad. If you restart and wait until the controller is powered on before you plug it into your ipad I would delete the app and reinstall it.
go 4 app.
waited controller to fullly on before connect, but still no prompt. I restarted, restored, doesn't work.

Weird, and you're running iOS 8 or better? If so, I'm not sure.

My Ipad DJI go app just showed disconnected. No video feed or any connection to the RC.
In the RC calibration settings, nothing works when I move the joystick. I can't view any medias in my Mavic Pro.
It works fine on my iPhone 6s.
I tried all kinds of USB Lightning cables, none of them works, but they all worked great with my iPhone 6s. And I did take the left mini USB cable off, and used the one under the RC to connect to my iPad, it doesn't work, but again, it worked great with my iPhone 6s.
I fully restored my iPad, and reinstall DJI go app, still no luck.
I refresh the firmware on my RC (newest firmware) v01.03.0500, no luck.
It used to work fine with my iPad when I first got my Mavic. Everytime I plugged the RC to iPad, it showed the feedback (charging icon then goes to no charge) but iPad DJI go app doesn't detect my RC at all.
Please help and thanks in advance.
QBSNttQ.jpg

dyksCYt.jpg
Hi I'm having the same issue .. works great on my galaxy s8.. but not connecting on my iPad air 2.. did you get the issue solved .. please help

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but check your cable meaning change it I had same problem. I used a cable for months and all of a sudden stoped working took me 2 days to figure out it was the cable

This is what it looks like

Attachments

• 15073375905961681321206.jpg
    15073375905961681321206.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 24
The OP got the original problem fixed by upgrading from iOS 9 to iOS 10. What version are you running on the iPad? I also use an iPad Air 2 and am running 10.3 with no problems

Running verizon 11.0.2
Cannot connect to mavic pro
saying disconnected
Galaxy s8 works perfect
Please help...

Attachments

• 20171006_214333.jpg
    20171006_214333.jpg
    728.8 KB · Views: 14
Running verizon 11.0.2
Cannot connect to mavic pro
saying disconnected
Galaxy s8 works perfect
Please help...
I get it all the time on my mini4. I unplug the cable either on the controller or the I-pad and it works.
This is an ongoing problem that DJI should fix.

Reactions: Bobby1
I get it all the time on my mini4. I unplug the cable either on the controller or the I-pad and it works.

Hi Waxman

I called Apple support today.. as you probably know Dji support isn't open on weekends lol Apple advised DJI needs to update there app to support 11.0.2 .. im going to call them Monday. Ridiculous
Thanks for reaching out..

Tried unplugging did not work I even purchased 3 different cables. Thinking that was the issue ..
Nothing...

Drone and the ipad air 2 both cost to much for this to be happening..

Attachments

• 20171007_093010.jpg
    20171007_093010.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 14
Tried unplugging did not work I even purchased 3 different cables. Thinking that was the issue ..
Nothing...
I forgot to also say that I turned on the airplane switch on my mini4 & turned off all caches on the DJI app. Try that and see. Hope it helps. I also tried different cables to no avail.

Reactions: Bobby1
I forgot to also say that I turned on the airplane switch on my mini4 & turned off all caches on the DJI app. Try that and see. Hope it helps. I also tried different cables to no avail.
I'll try and let you know.
Hopefully that's it..

Thanks again..

Hi Waxman

I called Apple support today.. as you probably know Dji support isn't open on weekends lol Apple advised DJI needs to update there app to support 11.0.2 .. im going to call them Monday. Ridiculous
Thanks for reaching out..
Hi Bobby, Did you ever get an answer about our problem from DJI?

Hi Waxman

I sure did see below..
I had to buy another tab that wasn't yet upgraded to 11.0.2..
I purchased another ipad air IOS 10.0.3.
It works PERFECT
DJI,s reply below

Shirley Huang (Support)

10月8日 CST15:01

Dear Reblk,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Are you have the device disconnected issue between DJI go 4 and Ios 11 ? Currently we are trying to collect as much as data to solve the problem.

Have you tried the instructions below :
1) Restart the iOS 11 mobile device.
2) Removed and then inserted the USB cable again
3) Update the iOS mobile device’s operating system to iOS 11 again with the iTunes (for the case where “Disconnected” is always shown in DJI GO 4 after the USB cable is removed and then inserted again).

If failed :
On the iOS 11 mobile device, go to “Settings”, “General”, and “About”, and check whether there is a “C1” option.
Connect to iTunes and click “Sync”. (The backup and synchronization steps can be skipped while diagnostics cannot.)
For Mac, go to ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/.
For Windows, go to C:\Users\[Your_User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\.

Open the “Device’s Name” (“XXX’s iPhone”) folder and check whether there is a crash file of which the name starts with “accessory” or “iap”. please send it to us for further analysis.

Look forward to your reply!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair