DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Air holder

mitrovic

Reactions
Just designed this and printed it. Any thoughts?

Of course, it is not yet finished, just an approach.

That looks interesting however I don't know if it would be compatible with a screen hood. The iPad screen really picks up glare when used outdoors so I would grab a hoodman or PadHatAir to block glare I really like this design which is compatible with hoods I Have used it for a couple weeks and its proved to work very well. DJI Mavic 9-10" Tablet adapter

Why not just take a generator and a 60" LED TV into the field and use that?

Seriously iPhone Plus or iPad Mini should be more than enough to view the camera FOV, having a very stealthy drone and perfectly handsized controller is spoilt with a oversized and awkward looking screen / iPad Air

Reactions: mactee
Its an opinion, the OP asks the question 'Any Thoughts?' They are mine
Actually your statement was an opinion on using a iPad Air, not the mount he made. This subject has been beat to death, just use whatever you feel like using, and let others do the same. PS, I use the iPad Air2 and love it, but use my phone when on the bike, I like having options, but this mount looks to tall, how is it for stability.

Interesting...

My concerns would be;
  • Weight balance. It would seem it would shift the weight towards you
  • The method of holding the tablet appears to be just "sliding" it into the "U" shape. I've had one that used this type of method and it was so tight that my anti-glare screen tore. I have another Ipad which has a nice protective "glass" screen saver that I know won't fit that.

And no offense, I don't find it aesthetically pleasing

Just designed this and printed it. Any thoughts?

Of course, it is not yet finished, just an approach.

This design is similar but way better!

Reactions: RWhisnant
I simply use my iPhone 7 or iPad mini 2. Both fit perfectly with no mods. No added weight and I have full access to remote LCD screen and sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I simply use my iPhone 7 or iPad mini 2. Both fit perfectly with no mods. No added weight and I have full access to remote LCD screen and sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

How do you fit an mini iPad into the RC holders? The holders do not go wide enough if the iPad is in landscape position, portrait position is OK.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: jointeffort
How do you fit an mini iPad into the RC holders? The holders do not go wide enough if the iPad is in landscape position, portrait position is OK.

The iPad mini's fit perfectly fine in the holder in landscape orientation, no mods necessary. You just need to take the cable and clip out of the left arm.

IMG_0538.JPG

Thanks for the info, I actually found the solution from another post already. I understand now that you have to force the iPad between the clamps, surprisingly it works! I was very close to order a MavMount holder, but now I will try with this solution which is the simplest and most obvious

Of course it is not a professional design, but it is astonishingly stable, I would never sell it, though.
And yes, thanks for the thoughts!

f3fd33ae98dcf3550c05261919e35d78.jpg
984794cd7c6d34dc5a4dcfa978ca8c53.jpg
3d080c681b5f9e07ab2a4fe81b9bfaa8.jpg

I came up with this model, which works fine for me. Not blocking the remote and easy to hold.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242