DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Air model A1474 won't connect to controller

Andrew F

Reactions
I was only trying to use the Ipad for fun and to see if it would allow me to calibrate my controller (can't calibrate with my S7 edge), but I can't even get the Ipad to connect with my controller.

Ipad Air (A1474), DJI GO 4

Cable is default. Tested the cable with my computer and connects. Tried several cables. I've tried both controller ports. Made sure the upper port was not plugged it. Reset IPad and changed all orders of startup. Still no connection. The Ipad and controller don't even acknowledge they are physically connected.

Any ideas? Again, not a big deal but irritating.

I have the same iPad model and it connects fine. It sounds like you have done all the appropriate steps. I'll mess around with mine later and see if I have any trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots iPhone 6s Plus

I've had an iPad Mini that was about 2 years old and was always updated via OTA updates do the same thing, impossible to connect with a P4 even after a couple of factory resets from the menu. A full restore via iTunes solved it. Something must have gone forgotten in the subsequent incremental updates, and reinstalling the whole system likely put it back in a correct state.

I've had an iPad Mini that was about 2 years old and was always updated via OTA updates do the same thing, impossible to connect with a P4 even after a couple of factory resets from the menu. A full restore via iTunes solved it. Something must have gone forgotten in the subsequent incremental updates, and reinstalling the whole system likely put it back in a correct state.
I'll try the older DJI app.

I was only trying to use the Ipad for fun and to see if it would allow me to calibrate my controller (can't calibrate with my S7 edge), but I can't even get the Ipad to connect with my controller.

Ipad Air (A1474), DJI GO 4

Cable is default. Tested the cable with my computer and connects. Tried several cables. I've tried both controller ports. Made sure the upper port was not plugged it. Reset IPad and changed all orders of startup. Still no connection. The Ipad and controller don't even acknowledge they are physically connected.

Any ideas? Again, not a big deal but irritating.
Turns out it was a combination of a bad cord and a bad connector on DJI controller. 3rd time (cable) was the charm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair