DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad cached video access

Smokey5159

Reactions
Hi guys,
Just changed over to an ipad mini 4 from an Android device for my screen. I was wondering if it were possible to view/edit DJI go cached video in another ios app like imovie? Can't seem to access the video - if only for a bit of practice before I handle the Mavic files on my desk top.
Cheers

You should be able to access it. I can see it using the Quik app I used for .. quick and dirty edits.

Just done the same myself, everything is sooo much easier on the Android I'm finding after going to ios! But I found the cached clips in the editor within the Go4 app, can be played etc. Off course they are only 720p. On Android would just save in a cached folder to my images and videos app of choice.

Not an answer to your question, but perhaps of interest, I found a Lightning to microSD adapter so the SD card can be copied to the iPad directly, using their iUSB app by wioboy or some such. I haven't played with it much but I like the option to use it over wireless.

Yep just understand the limitations. For example, only the iPad Pro and iPhone 7s (I believe) can fully work with the 4K video. Right now I shoot 2.7K so I can work in Quik. If you use a 4K ready editor like Pinnacle then you can keep your workflow on the iOS device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82