DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 2

Okay, I found out my problem is simply a faulty lightning cable. Once I switched back to using Apple's original cable, things are working again.

iPad Mini 2
iOS 10.3.2 (latest, cannot roll back to 10.2.1)
DJI Go App 4.1.2 (latest)
Firmware for both Mavic and RC rolled back to V1.03.550

My set up above cannot work, unfortunately. My iOS cannot be rolled back. Any advice?

I just bought an I pad mini 4 just because of the newer A8 processor don't need to have any problems it was used paid $225. No to bad don't want to take any chances.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

+1 just picked up a mint condition 32gb 8mo old Mini4 w/cellular, smart case, box etc. for $220. The deals are out there if you're patient.

I just got my Mavic on Fathers Day and tried using my iPad Mini 2 with DJI GO. It works well when shooting video at 1080p but when I switch the record mode to 4k the starts lagging horribly. I was wondering if anyone tried their Mini 2 with 3rd party apps like Litchi or Autopilot?

I just got my Mavic on Fathers Day and tried using my iPad Mini 2 with DJI GO. It works well when shooting video at 1080p but when I switch the record mode to 4k the starts lagging horribly. I was wondering if anyone tried their Mini 2 with 3rd party apps like Litchi or Autopilot?

What outside temperature was there?

The iPad Mini2 heats like crazy so when the OAT is above, say, 28ºC/83ºF it starts throttling back and video is affected.

I was trying to use it last week in a beautiful location in Alentejo, Portugal under an OAT of 38 to 42º and the only way I could get some shots was if I seated in my car, A/c full blasting and window open for the controller+tab to operate in a cooler environment.

As I bought my Mavic in December and summers here are quite hot, it took my a while to figure out what was going on when, from April onward, this problem started to show its ugly head, with just a few video stutters at first and then, as OATs increased, with severe video feed artifacts and frozen images.

MK

What outside temperature was there?

Well it was really hot, probably 100F. I noticed the iPad got pretty hot but didn't think about it throttling itself but that makes sense. I'll give it another shot next week when we are supposed to have some cooler temps!

I would love to know how the Ipad Mini 4 goes about this as, because of it, the Mini 2 is very limited, most of the year, around here.

The display device is becoming a severe problem for me:

1. I need a large display but not as large as to warrant those uncomfortable contraptions to hold large tabs. 7"/8" seems to be the sweet spot for me.
2. Not all "8" tabs fit the controller.
3. The iPad Mini suffers from the problem at hand (...I don't have much faith in the Mini 4, since the operational temperature range is the same...).
4. The Android world (...which is what I regularly use...) is a joke for this particular use, with reports of devices that "work", "don't work", "work if" and so on. My day-to-day tab is a Samsung Tab S2 8.0, which I was unable to make it work with Go 4. I now think I discovered how to make it work but have to wait for my Mavic to come back from a gimbal repair to see if it is the actual working solution.
5. The CrystalSky solutions are the wrong size for my requirements and I don't know if they run 3rd party applications like Litchi, which is crucial to me.

It is quite frustrating that, for my usage, this almost perfect flying/filming device is bottle-necked by the display vector...

MK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22