DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Mini 2

realdeal176

Reactions
I would like to purchase an Ipad Mini 2 and I don't want to lose any of the options that I have currently have on my Iphone 6s using the DJI GO 4 app. Do I need to purchase one with cellular or can I purchase one with just wi-fi and connect to the hotspot on my phone?

By options, I'm sure he's talking about your drone, controller, etc. settings. I don't know the answer to that one.

You don't need the wifi + cellular option. You should be able to create a wifi hotspot with your phone. There may be extra charges from your carrier when you do so, so you should look into that. Verizon doesn't charge me anything to enable that option.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
You'll need the cellular version of the iPad Mini then. You don't have to activate the cell service in order to use the GPS.

Reactions: DustyVisor
I can purchase the cellular version and won't need to activate it to use the GPS correct? I can connect using my hotspot from my phone to use the DJI app correct?

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
I can purchase the cellular version and won't need to activate it to use the GPS correct? I can connect using my hotspot from my phone to use the DJI app correct?

Yes. And yes. Also the options for service are pretty cheap you can buy a one day pass for 5 dollars (500 mb) from sprint if you ever need that option.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You'll need the cellular version of the iPad Mini then. You don't have to activate the cell service in order to use the GPS.

To confirm, no activation (cash per month) to use the GPS on a cellular ipad? And I can load maps out in the field if necessary?

To confirm, no activation (cash per month) to use the GPS on a cellular ipad?
No.

I can load maps out in the field if necessary?
You can load them if you cached them beforehand. If not, you'll need to tether your tablet to a device that has an Internet connection.

Yea that tethering option gets expensive and doesn't make sense for everyone unless you use it a lot

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just ordered a Mini-4 16GB w/ Cellular for $334 on Amazon, seems like a good price.
You won't be disappointed...I've be using that model for the last 3 weeks

Reactions: J-Dub
As above, isn't it just easier to cache the maps if you know where you are going to fly? it takes seconds to do before you leave home.

Just ordered a Mini-4 16GB w/ Cellular for $334 on Amazon, seems like a good price.
I just purchased one as well, but I decided to get a none cellular refurbished unit directly from Apple. There are quite a few negative reviews about that particular listing on Amazon that states you could be getting a returned, activated product with poor batteries. Your mileage may vary. I'm not willing to go through that mess. I've purchased many refurbs from Apple directly. They include a new body if needed and a brand new battery. Plus the normal warranty.

Hoe not, I did purchase it thru the Apple Amazon store if that makes a diff. If it's refurbished I will return it.

I don't think Apple has an Amazon store. If I look, there are no "sellers" named Apple. I'd be happy to be corrected, but I'm pretty certain I'm right. Everything on there is "Sold by" someone else and sometimes "Fulfilled by Amazon".

That said, returns are easy through Amazon, so you have some decent protection.

I don't think Apple has an Amazon store. If I look, there are no "sellers" named Apple. I'd be happy to be corrected, but I'm pretty certain I'm right. Everything on there is "Sold by" someone else and sometimes "Fulfilled by Amazon".

That said, returns are easy through Amazon, so you have some decent protection.
There was a guy selling one on the classified here new in box just yesterday.

The iPad Mini 4 prices should be coming down with the iPad Mini 5 on the horizon. I just picked up a mint 16GB Cellular + Wifi unlocked version off Swappa.com for $250. Just keep your eyes out and you'll find some good deals on an iPad Mini 4. Works awsome with the Mavic.

Reactions: PowerT1998
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme