DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 3 or 4?

Good point. Forgot about that! Thanks!

That would allow you to get your GPS coordinates, but you'd still have to use your phone as a hotspot to download maps realtime.

Edit - I just took a look at the device above and this is in the description at the bottom of the screen:

"Unfortunately, the BT-821C is not compatible with Windows RT, Windows 8.1 RT or iOS Devices like iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch."

Good point. Forgot about that! Thanks!

That would allow you to get your GPS coordinates, but you'd still have to use your phone as a hotspot to download maps realtime.

Edit - I just took a look at the device above and this is in the description at the bottom of the screen:

"Unfortunately, the BT-821C is not compatible with Windows RT, Windows 8.1 RT or iOS Devices like iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch."
Sorry I'm an android guy.
This will work for you.
GLO™ | Garmin

I've read mostly about iPad Mini 4 being great for the Mavic. And for the long term, maybe it is better, since it has more RAM, and processing power.

What about iPad Mini 3? Being significantly cheaper of course, and.....the only reason why I would consider getting ANY Apple product is because it is allegedly the most compatible with the Mavic and DJI Go app.

Strangely, I don't read much about people's experiences with the iPad Mini 3.

Anyone using it and flying far and smooth with minimum lag?

The Mini 3 is a Mini 2 with a fingerprint scanner and new colors. The Mini 4 is a different device.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if it was possible to tether to an external GPS receiver (which at least with the iPad it's not as the lightning port has to be connected to the controller) there's no way to download maps with a GPS receiver.
Correct. You need an Internet connection if you want to download the maps.

Hello. My first post here at MavicPilots.
(I have a Mavic since the begining and flying quads since a lot time ago)( I LOVE MY MAVIC AS MANY AS YOU )

Guys I am an Android guy ,NO ISSUES WITH ANDROID.

I Bought my mini ipad 4 just to be used with the Mavic and those several apple app´s for drone mapping.

Well... a lot of issues with the ipad4... always video lags that is imposible to fly. Video lags with dji Go4. Litchi, etc

My ipad has the latest FW as well as the latest Mavic FW

What is the best method to clean memory? Or what to do? I have tried several things without success. PLEASE HELP ME

Thanks anticipated

Wonderful .
Thanks @msinger . Found #4 I had all the apps on background. Will try other ones on my next fly

I'm in need of advice on wifi or cellular iPad mini 4
Do you need to use the Follow Me flight mode or be able to reset the home point to your current location after taking off? If yes, then you'll need the cellular model since the Wi-Fi only models do not contain a GPS receiver. If you do not need to use either of those functions, then a Wi-Fi only model would be sufficient.

Do you need to use the Follow Me flight mode or be able to reset the home point to your current location after taking off? If yes, then you'll need the cellular model since the Wi-Fi only models do not contain a GPS receiver. If you do not need to use either of those functions, then a Wi-Fi only model would be sufficient.
Not really how about the mapping issues what can I do

Not really how about the mapping issues what can I do
Mapping... as in downloading the DJI GO maps? You can cache them in a location where you have an Internet connection before heading out to fly like this. Or you could setup a hotspot on your mobile phone (if possible) and download them in real-time as you're flying.

Mapping... as in downloading the DJI GO maps? You can cache them in a location where you have an Internet connection before heading out to fly like this. Or you could setup a hotspot on your mobile phone (if possible) and download them in real-time as you're flying.
Ok So hotspot with mapping would work same as my iPhone

So just connect hot spot that's all I would have to do?

Yep. That gets the maps working on the fly... However follow me mode and ability to reset home point will still not work.

So just connect hot spot that's all I would have to do?
Yes. At that point, the map images will download as needed in DJI GO as you fly.

I've read mostly about iPad Mini 4 being great for the Mavic. And for the long term, maybe it is better, since it has more RAM, and processing power.

What about iPad Mini 3? Being significantly cheaper of course, and.....the only reason why I would consider getting ANY Apple product is because it is allegedly the most compatible with the Mavic and DJI Go app.

Strangely, I don't read much about people's experiences with the iPad Mini 3.

Anyone using it and flying far and smooth with minimum lag?
I am using the Ipad Mini 2 and works just fine. The only problem for me is the lightning outside, but if you turn screen luminosity higher, it works just fine. Yes, the Mini 4 is pricier and I don't really know if it's worth the money

Any issues with wifi only with mavic
I guess if you want/need maps you need to scroll around the area you want cached, and for that I'm on WIFI at home but the Mavic and controller are powered down. I haven't bothered with that in quite a while, I don't fly too far and can see where I am on the iPad anyway.

I'm very cautious about letting any of it "phone home" to the mothership and get Borged. I choose to not be assimilated or receive alien orders. It flies well as it is. That is the main reason I bought a Mini4 for flying only and not let it "play" on the Internet. Turns out I liked it so much I bought a 64GB with cellular and sold my old iPad. That one I use for touring etc. My tax return is spent so I'm done buying. Time to FLY!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55