DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ipad mini 4

Bruce

Reactions
I've seen many videos about using a ipad mini 4 instead of a cell phone with the controller. I know nothing about ipads. My question is whats the difference between the one with wifi only and the one with wifi and cellular, and can I use the one that's wifi only? Thanks.

Here's some information from another thread that I believe has the information you're looking for. The short answer is yes, you can use the wifi-only version:

[Cellular capability on the iPad mini is] only important if you want to use the Follow Me flight mode or have the ability to change the home point from the takeoff location to your current location after takeoff (e.g. if you walk away from the takeoff location).

Just to add that a cellular iPad will give you the ability to have live maps in the DJI Go app.
With the WiFi only models, you would need to cache the maps when you are connected to the internet either through WiFi somewhere or via your cell phone's hotspot.

This is kind of a late response to this thread, but you can always use any wifi only tablet that supports DJI Go and combine it with wifi hotspot capability via your smartphone, assuming you have that on your phone and it included with your service... obviously, it's going to use some of your data.

i use the wifi model all the time.
takes 2 mins to cache map before i go out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada