DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kennetf

Reactions
Hey there mavic'ers!
After hearing so much fuss about using the Ipad Mini in the mavic remote lately, I tired it out myself today. I experienced some glitching in the preview while using it. I had full HD streaming in like..5 seconds, and then suddenly it could start glitching all the time until I landed the aircraft. I thought it had to be the location, so I drove somewhere else - same issue. I then switched back to using my Iphone, and boom - great reception. So there has to be something weird about the Ipad. Can it be some settings I'm using/not using? Have anyone else experienced this issue?

FWIW; iPad mini 2 (wifi only). Connect to iPhone 6 hot spot: no issues at all, works great.

I'm using the original Ipad Mini (wifi only).

Connecting it to hotstpot while flying? Will that help? Until now, I've loaded the map with hotspot, and than turned off everything (airplane mode) to prevent any interference. Is that not necessary?

Connecting it to hotstpot while flying? Will that help? Until now, I've loaded the map with hotspot, and than turned off everything (airplane mode) to prevent any interference. Is that not necessary?
That sounds reasonable. I kind of just kept the connection on, but what you say makes good sense. I will remember that for next time, thanks.

The Mavic is NOT compatible with the original iPAD Mini. It is compatible with iPad Mini 2, 3, and 4, that is why you are having trouble.The DJI website has a list of the known compatible ios and Andriod devices.

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
The Mavic is NOT compatible with the original iPAD Mini. It is compatible with iPad Mini 2, 3, and 4, that is why you are having trouble.The DJI website has a list of the known compatible ios and Andriod devices.
awh...that blows :/

+1

Yup the original Ipad is no longer supported by DJI. The Go 4 app won't even load from the app store. I tried..

My Ipad Air, which is the functional equivalent of the Ipad Mini 2 can be a little glitchy at times. Never seems to be a problem with my P4, but with my Inspire and Mavic, it can lag, half-screen draws in green, freeze. But its momentary. And this is even with all the proper settings like putting it in Airplane mode, hardware decode, etc... Never totally lost connectivity. So it was good enough

My Ipad mini 4 is flawless. No issues what-so-ever and I don't have it in Airplane mode or turn off Wifi....

Reactions: Kennetf
I'm thinking about getting an Apple iPad Mini 4 to use with my Mavic. Do I need to have cellular or can I buy the wireless only?

iPad Air 2 works great with mavmount no issues great screen size and balances well with XL version of mavmount. Have not encountered any glitches or disconnects.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Without cellular you will not have GPS on your tablet and therefore you will not be able to use the follow me mode and you will not be able to change home point.

Without cellular you will not have GPS on your tablet and therefore you will not be able to use the follow me mode and you will not be able to change home point.

If you saw my post up above you connect to your wifi hotspot (example iPhone or android cell phone) and then you have everything you need.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929