DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad4 Mini or iPhone? Who prefers the iPad?

iSiteAerial

Reactions
Trying to decide whether or not I should use the iPad 4 mini with my Mavic. Anyone had anything but GOOD experiences with the iPad? Any reason we shouldn't use one?

iPad mini 4 wifi only hotspot with T-mobile. No need for external Gps unit. Unless your in remote area or in an airplane. Refurbished is the only way to go with the accidental insurance includes screen damage for additional 64$, for 2 years. Walmart online only.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Of all the tablets, the Ipads seem to be the least problematic as long as its supported. I've used the Ipad Air which is the processing equivalent of the Ipad Mini 2. Worked well but would have an occasional video glitch on the screen (not on the actual video). Never crashed and only momentary...

Replaced it with a Mini 4 with cellular.. Works flawless..

Trying to decide whether or not I should use the iPad 4 mini with my Mavic. Anyone had anything but GOOD experiences with the iPad? Any reason we shouldn't use one?

Reactions: emonty
Ipad Air 2. For me bigger is better i.e. more granularity to "touch & focus", screen appears not as crowded with telemetry, easier to "see" what the Mavic sees and has been rock solid. iPad Air 2 + MavMount = great setup for me.

Pros to mini is it will fit in the RC and easier to transport(fit in case/bag). Need to decide what is important to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: _milo_
I use a I-Pad Mini 4 for all flights except if I am traveling on the motorcycle where space is at a premium.

Reactions: iSiteAerial
Can someone recommend an anti glare screen protector for the Ipad Mini 4 that works.

iPad Mini all the way. For me, it's all about screen real estate.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

Reactions: Kevin C
I'm using a Mini 4 when not flying with the Moverio glasses. I flew with my iPhone 7+ for the 1st month and hated the small screen. As others have said, "the screen is too crowded" on a phone.

Has anyone figured out how to make an ipad mini work - first gen or is it an impossible dream. I already have one of these!

Ipad Air 2. For me bigger is better i.e. more granularity to "touch & focus", screen appears not as crowded with telemetry, easier to "see" what the Mavic sees and has been rock solid. iPad Air 2 + MavMount = great setup for me.

Pros to mini is it will fit in the RC and easier to transport(fit in case/bag). Need to decide what is important to you.
I have one of the BIG iPads, and bigger is better, when it comes to seeing the screen. Isn't it ideal to be able to put it in the controller, though?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair