DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 30% bat drop in 10 mins

Wolfman Jonathan

Reactions
just took my maiden flight. Simply awesome. But My phone went from 30% bat to 1% in less than 10 minutes. I had to stop flying. Sad.

Anyone else experience this?

iPhones 6+ run ion iOS 10.1 1

Thanks

Maybe try starting with 100% battery .Might not drop as fast .
I find mine drops faster flying my other birds when I start with a low battery .

Reactions: Kilrah
My phone has shutoff twice now during flights. I have now undone the Lightning cord so that i can mount my iphone with charging case into the controller & have several backup battery solutions for my iphone. I have a 6s with a bad battery but my phone is slightly bent so the battery cannot be replaced without damaging the phone.

Read the other threads on this

Turn off video caching, put the phone in airplane mode and disable location services. With those settings I'm getting about 1% battery drain per minute of flight. Very tolerable. I had over 60% of my battery drain in one flight prior to changing these settings.

I THINK the video caching one is what is killing the battery but I haven't had time to turn the settings back on one by one to see which is the culprit. It is one of them though.

Try putting your phone in airplane mode and turn off video cash in GO app., this will reduce battery drain.

(As posted above:))

Between the screen on full and the required processing to make all the systems on the Mavic work, this is probably more load than most iPhones have seen.
If you battery is more than 2 years old, it's time to replace it, IMHO. Eliminate the easy variables first.

I can watch movies with the screen brightness all the way up for hours on my iPhone.. that's no reason to suck up 50% battery life in 20 minutes

The phone isn't making the systems on the Mavic work. That's done on the Mavic and on the controller. At most the phone is sending out some basic commands (i.e. "land" or "RTH") and displaying some basic telemetry data and a video feed that's actually coming from the remote anyways. None of that should suck the battery dry like it does. And, it doesn't, if you turn off a few things (hopefully soon I'll know which is actually causing the massive battery drain)

Ok I just had my first flight. This thing is awesome and switch to sport and it is a freakin missile. Lol. I have an iPhone SE. Did a 19 min flight then uploaded the cached video to my phone. Took 16 mins to upload the video with drone, controller and iPhone on and connected. I used 23% battery to complete all the above. Not bad at all for 19 mins of flight and 16 mins of upload. The video was 11 mins long at 1080p 60 fps.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

No, but I am going to order a new one to swap it out. Hopefully that talks me into not buying a new 7 plus!

Still... 60% battery in 20 minutes seesm like a lot, even with a fresh battery it seems like it'd still be 35-40%, which still seems like a lot

^That's not bad!

I agree, it doesn't make sense, but DJI GO was slap draining mine in seconds, when everything else worked fine. Turned out to be a bad battery. Good Luck!

Good to know, where did you get the replacement battery? Or did you let Apple do the swap?

Mine was a brand new Samsung Galaxy note 4, from Amazon. I guess it sat on the shelf a while.
I have swapped batteries for friends (in iPhones), but it can be dicey, depending on the model.

Ah ok, yeah probably easier to change battery on one of those. I watched some videos earlier on YouTube, didn't look too bad except that it's glued in so you have to warm it up enough to get the adhesive to loosen up

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian