DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 7 plus issues?

Ziggy01

Reactions
****, I've just switched up from the SE to the 7 Plus only to learn that some users are experiencing a loss of connection and something referred to as "the dreaded grey screen" (sounds spooky).

Any users pairing a 7 Plus and the Mavic having problem free flying, as I have with the SE?

****, if it wasn't for that tiny screen I'd stick with it.

Do you just use the standard controller housing? Grip ok? Solid connection?

Standard controller housing sometimes trouble connecting when I just turn it on. I also use the Litchi app which I have no issues with, and it seems to work better than the djigo app. I know some people complain about it but it works great for me.
I have never seen a grey seen that you're talking about.

****, I've just switched up from the SE to the 7 Plus only to learn that some users are experiencing a loss of connection and something referred to as "the dreaded grey screen" (sounds spooky).

Any users pairing a 7 Plus and the Mavic having problem free flying, as I have with the SE?

****, if it wasn't for that tiny screen I'd stick with it.
Have the same issue. Connection works fine if I#m using bottom USB-Port of the controller
I've contacted Support and the said that issues with the iPhone 7 plus when connected via the Micro USB side port are known at DJI. He recommended to use the bottom USB-Port meanwhile until the problem is solved (maybe a future update of DJI Go 4 app or an update of Controller Firmware will solve the Problem...?)

(maybe a future update of DJI Go 4 app or an update of Controller Firmware will solve the Problem...?)

I doubt this is something that will be fixed by app or firmware as I think it is more of a physical problem with the location and shape of the standard lightning cable and variations in the position of the phones lightning socket.

I have removed the little plastic slider that forces the standard cable to remain centred, that helps a lot.

You should aim to have no side pressure on the lightning plug when it connects to the phone and given the shape of the standard plug that isn't easy.

Reactions: VortexSpin
I've been flying with my iphone 7+ for some time now and haven't noticed any issues...and I never use the bottom USB port...unless I use my mini or ipad air 2 (which I rarely do).

IMO...I think the cable...with all that flexing and potential pinching and stretching may be to blame. I've already noticed a slight nick in the jacket...but so far no issues...for now. o_O

Had the same problem. Then I took out the little clamp that holds the phone connector in the sidegrip and since then I've never had a lost connection.

I've ordered a new cable and I will try it with the new one. I'll give you more feedback when I've tried.

Strange thing is, that when my phone looses connection to the remote and I unplug the cable and plug it again connection is re-established. However I haven't noticed any defective contact regarding cable or plugs. Loss of connection is independent from touching plug or cable and also the removal of the plastic clamp didn't helped.

And what I've forgot to mention: my Mavic is brand new! So if it is a damage of the cable it's not because I've bend it to many times or so.

Ok two mavics here 1st one disconnecting problems all the time using default lightning cable. Same using an apple cable connected to the mavic's rc usb port. Tested with other phones same problem all the time (among many others). Sento to DJI to be fixed, it come back with same problem plus a DJI bonus: many , many more issues appeared since then. So 2nd Mavic same problem disconnecting with default cable but...working using an apple usb cable. It has other issues tho - but I am still able to fly a bit. I use an iPhone 7plus but I tried other iphones as well and also android, the refered disconnecting problems using the default cables appeared all the time.

Ok two mavics here 1st one disconnecting problems all the time using default lightning cable. Same using an apple cable connected to the mavic's rc usb port. Tested with other phones same problem all the time (among many others). Sento to DJI to be fixed, it come back with same problem plus a DJI bonus: many , many more issues appeared since then. So 2nd Mavic same problem disconnecting with default cable but...working using an apple usb cable. It has other issues tho - but I am still able to fly a bit. I use an iPhone 7plus but I tried other iphones as well and also android, the refered disconnecting problems using the default cables appeared all the time.

I'm using the iPhone 7+ and had the same problem. Found a recommendation to fly with phone in flight mode and it worked for me. I'll try the original Apple cable too tomorrow.
Also, I tried an iPhone 6+ and it wouldn't connect at all. After upgrading the iPhone 6+ it started to work fine. Still in flight mode though.

Reactions: D700

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa