DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone setting while flying?

KillaMavic

Reactions
new owner and Pilot ....

I know this sounds stupid but what setting should I turn on/off on my Iphone7 while using the Mavic AND controller?
On the few flights I've done I've selected Airplane Mode BUT keep the Bluetooth and WiFi on.... is this correct?

Also I've seen( but no longer can find) a Pre Flight check
Does anyone have a Link please??

Lastly.....

Having read about all the problems that some have experienced I'm hoping mine doesn't...
only problem I've had is the Camera/Gimbal, started shaking uncontrollably... I disconnected the Battery quickly.

Anyone else seen this?

Regards
Dale

new owner and Pilot ....

I know this sounds stupid but what setting should I turn on/off on my Iphone7 while using the Mavic AND controller?
On the few flights I've done I've selected Airplane Mode BUT keep the Bluetooth and WiFi on.... is this correct?

I turn ON "Do Not Disturb" when using my iPhone 7 with the remote controller.

You can also put it in flight mode, but I don't see the need to keep the Bluetooth On.

So just to recap. Neither the Wifi or Bluetooth on my iPhone are needed to use or fly with the Controller?
I guess I was thinking along the lines of like a back up should the controller went mad and died!!!

I have left mine on as normal and have even answered the phone and texted while I was flying. No problems at all.

Battery drain is a concern when keeping Bluetooth and WiFi turned on while flying. If just out for a one battery session you should be fine keeping those settings on , but if you are gonna be burning multiple batteries with the Mavic perhaps switch them off to conserve.

For me its always a question which battery will die first. Mavic , Tablet/Phone, RC.

I turn ON "Do Not Disturb" when using my iPhone 7 with the remote controller.

You can also put it in flight mode, but I don't see the need to keep the Bluetooth On.

What he said. I leave it all one except for notifications and junk so I am not swiping them away or getting phone calls.

So just to recap. Neither the Wifi or Bluetooth on my iPhone are needed to use or fly with the Controller?
I guess I was thinking along the lines of like a back up should the controller went mad and died!!!

To be clear.. you can't change over to WiFi control during flight, as the switch on the Mavic is set to either RC or WiFi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots