DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is 7.8" CrystalSky not compatible with Mavic?

Alex ROV

Reactions
Hello everybody...

I read on internet that "Mavic's camera and gimbal are compatible only with 5.5" CrystalSky"... Could anyone confirm that? Or maybe add more explanation/details?

Thanks!

Hello everybody...

I read on internet that "Mavic's camera and gimbal are compatible only with 5.5" CrystalSky"... Could anyone confirm that? Or maybe add more explanation/details?

Thanks!
Howdy Alex ROV, that does not make any logical sense to me; however the website states that only the 5.5 inch is compatible. Perhaps it has to do with the resolution, the 5.5 is 1080 while the larger ones have higher resolution. Poor decision in my opinion, I was planning on getting the large ultra bright model.

Last edited:
What's even more strange......the thickness of the smaller Crystalsky is spec'd at 19mm and the larger version is 17mm. If you measure the opening of the controller arms after removing the silicone rubber grips the distance is 17mm.

So I'm really confused since I also read that the smaller Crystalsky is only compatible with the Mavic. Unless someone transposed the dimensions online.

If the resolution difference is not an issue (but this could be the case) the larger version could basically be affixed to the top of the arms with strips of velcro, couldn't it?

I hope to find out soon either way.........
Rob

What's even more strange......the thickness of the smaller Crystalsky is spec'd at 19mm and the larger version is 17mm. If you measure the opening of the controller arms after removing the silicone rubber grips the distance is 17mm.

So I'm really confused since I also read that the smaller Crystalsky is only compatible with the Mavic. Unless someone transposed the dimensions online.

If the resolution difference is not an issue (but this could be the case) the larger version could basically be affixed to the top of the arms with strips of velcro, couldn't it?

I hope to find out soon either way.........
Rob
I think the larger monitor is thinner because there is more room for the electronics to spread out.

I hope you're wrong. Not because I want to be mean, but because I want the smaller version to fit in the controller arms and not require some sort of bracket or plate or whatever to get it to work.

I'm going to try to be patient and try to wait until there is conclusive evidence before I purchase either. I'm willing to pay extra for the larger, higher brightness version but I want to be 100% sure it will work first. If not, I'll be equally as happy with the smaller version since it will save me some money.

I just know worrying as I do now with my S7edge takes a lot of the fun away and that has to change.

But again, I hope you're wrong, but for all the right reasons. [emoji482]
Rob

I think Florida drone has some info on this. Check with Mike.

I just read the CrystalSky PDF owners manual on DJI website and NOWHERE in the manual does it mention the word "Mavic".

Me too, downloaded both files and in the list of compatible products nothing about the Mavic. I'm just hoping again this is a Chinese misprint.

If I have to, I'll go with the goggles but for now I'm just going to keep the faith and hope for the Crystalsky. I really want a dedicated device with a bright display that provides piece of mind.

I hate not knowing though.

Rob

Last edited:
So how does that work? Don't you still need a phone hooked up to use the goggles?

Hey nice bike by the way. What's that, a Road King?

Rob
The bike is a HD Night Rod Special (VROD). I think that a phone/tablet is needed for the initial setup of the goggles, but not sure if its needed after that.

Reactions: RobP62
Reactions: Rnl
The bike is a HD Night Rod Special (VROD). I think that a phone/tablet is needed for the initial setup of the goggles, but not sure if its needed after that.
1982 XLS Roadster, 2005 Roadking, 2010 Nightrod (black), 2012 Tri-Glide Ultra. Not enough time to ride so now I don't [emoji30]

Might some day again. Once a biker always a biker.

Great bike though.

So yea, if all you need is a phone for initial setup and the Crystalsky is not an option, then I'm buying the Goggles.

e04a159718f48a75f072c51f62e790c1.jpg
= no stress.

Reactions: bart
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S