DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is a class action a very real possibility?

Do you feel DJI is headed towards a class action lawsuit? Would you join it if one formed?

• No and No

Votes: 91 74.6%
  • Yes and No

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • No and Yes

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Yes and Yes

Votes: 16 13.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberpower678

Reactions
Setting aside shipping time delays, I feel DJI's handling of customer support has been deceitful, incompetent, and just downright bad.

I have 2 cases I can bring up against DJI so far, but it's not enough. Plus I'm no legal expert. Does anybody else feel a class action lawsuit may be coming for DJI? If one were to form, would you join it?

EDIT: Some people think I'm foolishly trying to start a lawsuit here, thinking that I think the 2 frustrating incidents are worth starting a lawsuit over. To clarify, I have no interest in starting one. This is a general question as to whether you believe DJI has a lawsuit coming and if you would join in on said lawsuit if one were filed.

Last edited:
You need to get out more.. o_O
I ask, because I see forum users spouting off that they want to join in on a class action lawsuit against DJI. I wouldn't even be asking this otherwise.

This is just my opinion but this is an internet forum where people spout off about all sorts of things because they can and it doesn't cost them anything. The reality of a class action is a whole different universe which will never happen over a $1,000 drone..

This is just my opinion but this is an internet forum where people spout off about all sorts of things because they can and it doesn't cost them anything. The reality of a class action is a whole different universe which will never happen over a $1,000 drone..
And this is the answer I was looking for. I see people spouting it, but I wanted to know if there was any seriousness behind it. I'm not a legal expert, so I cannot begin to imagine how lawsuits even work.

Those poeple usually get on their high horses and come shout high and low about how inacceptable that is and how they'll unleash hell on DJI... 2 days later they're gone and you never hear from them again. Probably most finally figure out whatever THEY had done wrong.

Haha. What is the loss you would be claiming for?
I think legal action would certainly out weigh it. And good luck fighting against a company based in China
is DJI listed on the U.S. or any other nations exchange. It seems this is what is needed to begin such an action against a Chinese based company

Last edited:
I dont quite understand why there is so much trouble with DJI products in the USA. I have 4 DJI products. PH2 , Inspire 1, Mavic and an OSMO. Never had issues apart from a bug in the Phantom 2 desktop software that refused to recognize the drone. But that was sorted within 10 days. When i was shipped a faulty gimbal for my PH2 it was replaced in 2 days. Perhaps the chineese just hate americans and send all the duds to the USA ??

Can't really discuss that here without the risk of a warning/ban from the mods.

IMO, the reason you see many problems with Mavic because there were a lot of first time pilots and of course DJI commercial for Mavic was really successful. They didn't expect that high demand. For me I owned P3A for a while and now P4 and Mavic, I have no problem at all. I ordered my Mavic from Newegg US and got delivery in just 4 business days. We had battery charging with P4 controller and got replacement in just a little over a week. I have no complain to DJI. So I don't think DJI hates US market though. [emoji16]

Reactions: voongnz and dagpeak
They didn't expect that high demand.
While that is a possibility, I don't think that was the case. I think DJI rushed the Mavic out in order to gain market share against GoPro's Karma (however, it turns out that was not needed). Remember that DJI did not even start shipping Mavics until something like 2 weeks after they date they were promised? This does not indicate that they _had_ stock and just too many orders... it indicates that they did not have even limited stock. I suspect that DJI had not even worked out the parts supply chain by the time the Mavic was supposed to be released.

Truth is, we hear this "class action" crap every time DJI releases a product. If someone wants to sue DJI... just do it. If you are raise this question in a public forum they you are just venting.

Oh come on..... If you have done any research in buying a drone and DJI, you will find that "most" think DJI makes the best "consumer" drones.... But do very poorly in the customer service dept.

I am not "brand" loyal, As I buy what I think is the best "at the time" drone that I can afford.....
I had a Pre-Order with a drone dealer that lasted 2-1/2 months before I just canceled it because I was able to get one from Best Buy in 3 days.... (best buy came is the ONLY one that came through for me) Then buying accessories IE: batteries, props etc from DJI and newegg was a Cluster %$%^&.

I knew DJI's customer service was not the best..... and if I wanted the latest, greatest drone thing.... then I would have to accept that it was coming from a company that does not have the greatest Customer service!!!

I have been in this forum basically since the start....... and my goodness, I have never been in a group that B*tches and Complains as much as this one!!! Mostly because of DJI's horrible communication. These are expensive Hobby Grade (Toys) that can get damaged very easily, for all sorts or reasons (firmware, hardware, nature & USER errors)

I have heard that DJI's Customer Service has improved allot...... so things are getting better!!

Reactions: voongnz and Kestrel
I dont quite understand why there is so much trouble with DJI products in the USA. I have 4 DJI products. PH2 , Inspire 1, Mavic and an OSMO. Never had issues apart from a bug in the Phantom 2 desktop software that refused to recognize the drone. But that was sorted within 10 days. When i was shipped a faulty gimbal for my PH2 it was replaced in 2 days. Perhaps the chineese just hate americans and send all the duds to the USA ??
Not all are duds, mine works fine and i'm in the U.S. You just have all the ones having problems starting threads. The ones that are happy are to busy flying.
IMO, the reason you see many problems with Mavic because there were a lot of first time pilots and of course DJI commercial for Mavic was really successful. They didn't expect that high demand. For me I owned P3A for a while and now P4 and Mavic, I have no problem at all. I ordered my Mavic from Newegg US and got delivery in just 4 business days. We had battery charging with P4 controller and got replacement in just a little over a week. I have no complain to DJI. So I don't think DJI hates US market though. [emoji16]

Yep. There are a lot of people that never owned a DJI product before. I owned a P3 and loved it so I stepped up to a Mavic and I love it too.

Oh come on..... If you have done any research in buying a drone and DJI, you will find that "most" think DJI makes the best "consumer" drones.... But do very poorly in the customer service dept.

I am not "brand" loyal, As I buy what I think is the best "at the time" drone that I can afford.....
I had a Pre-Order with a drone dealer that lasted 2-1/2 months before I just canceled it because I was able to get one from Best Buy in 3 days.... (best buy came is the ONLY one that came through for me) Then buying accessories IE: batteries, props etc from DJI and newegg was a Cluster %$%^&.

I knew DJI's customer service was not the best..... and if I wanted the latest, greatest drone thing.... then I would have to accept that it was coming from a company that does not have the greatest Customer service!!!

I have been in this forum basically since the start....... and my goodness, I have never been in a group that B*tches and Complains as much as this one!!! Mostly because of DJI's horrible communication. These are expensive Hobby Grade (Toys) that can get damaged very easily, for all sorts or reasons (firmware, hardware, nature & USER errors)

I have heard that DJI's Customer Service has improved allot...... so things are getting better!!

I did do my research, and knew what I was getting into before ordering. This question I raised because I saw some people spout "class action lawsuit" on other parts of this forum, and wanted to know how serious it was.

However, when I got an email saying the my Mavic Pro was arbitrarily canceled and refunded 4 weeks into the waiting process, was when I really raised hell with them.

You could count every member on the internet forums , both happy and disgruntled , and it would probably pale in comparison to the number of the units sold to happy customers . I have had zero issues with mine and am as happy with the Mavic as you can get . The internet is for bitching though .

I did do my research, and knew what I was getting into before ordering. This question I raised because I saw some people spout "class action lawsuit" on other parts of this forum, and wanted to know how serious it was.

However, when I got an email saying the my Mavic Pro was arbitrarily canceled and refunded 4 weeks into the waiting process, was when I really raised **** with them.
I think you ordered from a dealer, not directly from DJI or big merchants. I actually had an order from eBay back in Oct on the 4th but getting no where and I decided to cancel it before the seller sent message saying they would cancel all orders. I think I have read anyone mentioned about DJI or big merchants cancelled their orders though.

I think you ordered from a dealer, not directly from DJI or big merchants. I actually had an order from eBay back in Oct on the 4th but getting no where and I decided to cancel it before the seller sent message saying they would cancel all orders. I think I have read anyone mentioned about DJI or big merchants cancelled their orders though.
Please don't insult my intelligence. I know from where order my products. It's really hard to mistake DJI's website for something else.

How can you ask people if they'd join a class action lawsuit when you've not detailed what that class action lawsuit is for? I've not seen anything that would likely form the basis for a class action lawsuit.

John

Reactions: Kilrah
Please don't insult my intelligence. I know from where order my products. It's really hard to mistake DJI's website for something else.
I didn't mean to but I'm sorry if you feel that way.
Would you mind to tell us what your problems with DJI were though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo