DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it not possible to adjust the gimbal roll with Litchi?

torqum

Reactions
My horizon is tilted and I want to adjust the gimbal. However, there is not option to do so with Litchi. My problem is that I have one of the phones that Litchi says cannot handle having both the DJI GO app and the Litchi app installed. So I have uninstalled the dji go app and now only use Litchi. Some have suggested a shortcut using the C2 button and the exposure wheel, but I've read that doesn't work with Litchi either.

So is my only option to uninstall litchi, re-install dji go, adjust the gimbal, then uninstall dji go and re-install litchi?

And no, I'm not mistaken about the incompatibility issue. With certain phones you have to completely remove one of the two apps, not just force stop it, to get the other app to work.

My horizon is tilted and I want to adjust the gimbal. However, there is not option to do so with Litchi. My problem is that I have one of the phones that Litchi says cannot handle having both the DJI GO app and the Litchi app installed. So I have uninstalled the dji go app and now only use Litchi. Some have suggested a shortcut using the C2 button and the exposure wheel, but I've read that doesn't work with Litchi either.

So is my only option to uninstall litchi, re-install dji go, adjust the gimbal, then uninstall dji go and re-install litchi?

And no, I'm not mistaken about the incompatibility issue. With certain phones you have to completely remove one of the two apps, not just force stop it, to get the other app to work.

No youre not crazy, Litchi and DJI Go are mutually exclusive on some phones. I have 2 phones that I always bring to fly, Galaxy S7 and a Note 5. If DJI Go is being temperamental, then I switch to the other device. Sometimes I adjust gimbal roll on the S7 and then fly litchi on the note. Sometimes the roll adjustment holds from Go4 to Litchi sometimes not, as long as I keep the drone and controller turned on. Thank goodness the good people at Litchi are keeping pace with the software loonies at DJI.

"So is my only option to uninstall litchi, re-install dji go, adjust the gimbal, then uninstall dji go and re-install litchi?"

Before I got my 2 separate Galaxy phones, I did this install-uninstall-install dance so many times, I think I lost a year off my life. Now I have finally gotten it down to 2 devices that I always bring with me, and one of them usually works. $1000 worth of phones just to get my grins and giggles for a 20 minute flight, but its worth it.

I use both too and you can adjust gimbal tilt in Litchi, but not seen horizon, just click on the VR goggle symbol top right then click on setting below the 2 screens, its in there...
You also need to go into developer option on your phone to make sure USB debugging is on to connect some phones at all, this was my case with the Xioami phone then it worked.
I deinstall goapp when I want to use litchi which I got for the VR setting and not waypoints as you know you have no guarantee from DJI if lost using litchi!
Hope the is of use! Simon

Last edited:
Hi, reopen. I cant adjust gimbal roll. In dji go all right - 2,7 degrees, when i go to litchi and its not good, i push c2+roller and it goes to 0 degrees, wchich is not in line with horizon. Just flinches when i roll roller.

I've looked all through it and I can't seem to find any control for it in the sense that it's not a manual adjustment via softkey controls.

Hi guys, did anyone manage to make any headway here? I'm looking to buy the app too but my only reason for purchase is to be able to programmatically control the gimbal's vertical yaw / roll / tilt. Can a flight-plan be made to move forward and roll the gimbal a pre-defined amount without this jerky action I'm seeing in peoples videos where it appears to forget the horizon?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest