DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it ok/safe to fly the MP strictly with the controller if staying withing eyeball range?

BerndM

Reactions
Seems to me that it should be just like flying the older DJI F450 Naza without any GPS which was called ATTI mode and could be selected at any time while flying via a 3 way switch on the controller (GPS / ATTI / Manual).

Seems to me that it should be just like flying the older DJI F450 Naza without any GPS which was called ATTI mode and could be selected at any time while flying via a 3 way switch on the controller (GPS / ATTI / Manual).
Oh yeah. I enjoy flying the MP in sports mode and go crazy. It's a blast! Why are you worried?

Yep, worked fine. My phone was forced to the the DJI4 update last week while in the field and it was taking forever to download, so I ran the first battery without the phone. I kept it within line of sight and ran in P and Sport mode without issue.

Sure you can. IFM will not be accessible though, but RTH and sport will be. You can still capture photos and record videos, but without a screen, you will have no idea what you recorded. :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada