DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it really that bad?

Niceun

Reactions
So I haven't bought my Mavic just yet (still researching) but I was trolling through the Mavic help section and reading all the problems guys are having with their drones. I just wonder how many of those issues are the results of not following instructions on how to set up before flight.

No, it's really not that bad. This is a place where people come for help with their issues, so you're always going to see issues being discussed here.

how many of those issues are the results of not following instructions

We do see a lot of people coming with questions that are readily answered by existing pages on DJI's site, youtube, and this site. If you continue reading up before you setup, you will be leaps ahead of many folks.

As msinger says, don't worry about folks talking about their troubles, as this is where you go to talk about troubles. All the folks who have no troubles are out flying.

Reactions: DavidNDC and Niceun
So I haven't bought my Mavic just yet (still researching) but I was trolling through the Mavic help section and reading all the problems guys are having with their drones. I just wonder how many of those issues are the results of not following instructions on how to set up before flight.

People tend not post as much if they have no issues. It's a brilliant little craft, and you should purchase without hesitation!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Niceun

It's not bad. I'll essentially sum up the recent issues with the appropriate answers

The video looks like water painting, or weird: Get ND filters.
My Mavic crashed indoors: Don't do it.
The US sensors report an error on startup: you're probably on a soft landing spot or something is blocking the sensors.
The video disconnects randomly: there's a bug with the Go 4 app on iOS. Disconnect the phone from the controller and reconnect it
RTH failed: You probably took off in Atti mode, and didn't allow the drone to acquire the home point.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Get one asap! It's awesome. And most problems, not all, are user error. Do our homework and you should be fine. I only crash when I forget something or do something stoopid!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Best drone I've had in 10 years .

You hit the nail on the head. The Mavic was targeted for "every" drone user. From beginner to experienced. This forum gets alot more people new to drones than any of the other drone forums I frequent. So you are going to see more "user" type problems than say in the Inspire forums.

I'm not chastising or being mean to anyone as I was a noob once and crashed my first drones more than I can count. Fortunately, they were alot less expensive by orders of magnitude.

I do see quite a few "problem" threads that are indeed due to new user error. Too anxious to get it flying and didn't read the manual first or watch videos or learn the basics of drone flight. Problems that could have been avoided with just a little patience.

My personal experience with the Mavic, is that its been the least problematic drone I've ever owned. Although I will say that I've really never had any problems with any of my DJI drones. But the Mavic has been the easiest to get flying...

Reactions: SkyRider and Niceun
I'm having fun with mine. I am impressed with the amount of intelligent flight features of the software. The range and battery life is great. Portability great. So long as the battery keeps this thing from dropping out of the sky I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

BUY IT!!! You're already doing something that most people fail to do, which is reading up on the subject. After ordering, go to the DJI site and download the manual........read it several times! This forum is really awesome, but don't get too hung up on the negative, especially the older posts, as some of those problems are not necessarily widespread any longer. If you study up, you will be less likely to have the user errors. This was literally my first quad, and I am happy to say the best purchase I have made in years! Don't get discouraged, and don't forget to read. Preflight education is your best friend. Remember that and you'll reduce your frustrations tremendously. Fly smart!

Sent from my XT1585 using MavicPilots mobile app

There are literally hundreds of successful flights every day. As previously noted, this is a forum to ask for and receive help, so what you see is heavily skewed to the negative.
One point I will emphasize is make sure that whatever device you are going to use with the RC is on DJI's approved list. I use android devices for everything, but in doing my research I noticed that most of the disconnect issues involved android devices. For that reason I purchased the only Apple device I own, an iPad mini 4 for use when flying. My results have been flawless. Take your time and do it right, and you will join thousands of happy Mavic pilots.

There are literally hundreds of successful flights every day. As previously noted, this is a forum to ask for and receive help, so what you see is heavily skewed to the negative.
One point I will emphasize is make sure that whatever device you are going to use with the RC is on DJI's approved list. I use android devices for everything, but in doing my research I noticed that most of the disconnect issues involved android devices. For that reason I purchased the only Apple device I own, an iPad mini 4 for use when flying. My results have been flawless. Take your time and do it right, and you will join thousands of happy Mavic pilots.
You made my night. My MP arrives tomorrow. Everything else for it is here. I've been on YouTube and here all week and was starting to worry with all the negative things I see. I too am an android fan over Apple. But after research this week bought an IPad mini 4 to fly with. Just keep adding to the investment I guess! On a side note, the IPad is pretty nice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N