DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is my editing difficulty program based or computer?

DSGDSG

Reactions
When I try watching the files recorded in 4k 24fps they stutter on my laptop and I can't watch them. I tried opening the only editor I have which s Corel VIdeoStudio X8 and try editing there and I can't even get the clip to play more than a few frames on a 12 second video. The stuttering is that bad. I don't see how I could possibly edit anything.

My computer is a Pavillion HP laptop with Windows 10
AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.10GHz
8GB RAM with 7.19GB available right now

Is this a problem with my computer or is it with the editing software an I should upgrade it to the latest version? I could always get more RAM but don't see the point if my processor is insufficient.

Thanks for your advice

Just to test, try download Shotcut, it is completely free and is running fine on 4k video on my Windows 10 machine. It also seems to use a lower quality version of the video when editing which may make it work better.

Just to test, try download Shotcut, it is completely free and is running fine on 4k video on my Windows 10 machine. It also seems to use a lower quality version of the video when editing which may make it work better.

Thanks, I've seen you recommend Shotcut before and I looked into it some but I read a lot of stuff that gave me reservations. I suppose I'll give it a shot and can always delete it.

Exactly. It's free and open source so worth a try.

Mind you I also have no probs playing the original 4k videos on my laptop so could just be yours not able to handle the files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus