DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is my new phone too slow?

Jr. Stafford

Reactions
Got a new phone while by Mavic was being repaired (replaced) because my 4 year old LG was a bit laggy. Got this phone:

Amazon.com: Nextbit Robin Factory Unlocked GSM Smartphone - Midnight: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's been out about a year, has 3G Ram, 6 Core Processor, Snapdragon 808 1.8ghz. Shouldn't that be plenty of juice to run DJIGo 4 and Litchi?

I've noticed when I'm flying, the screen always seems to do these little 'micro freezes', but it's not apparent on the video when I watch later. And when using Litchi with VR goggles, all is pretty good when hovering and remaining still, but as soon as I lower my head to rotate the gimbal down or up, the whole freaking screen digitizes and is pretty unusable until I hold still, then it usually clears up.

For everyone using the more expensive Androids and IPhones, is the video really smooth the whole time you're flying? Or do you get those 'micro freezes'?

Video is smooth when used on galaxy s7 edge, ipad mini 4 and nvidia shield tablet. Check to see if you can disable some background apps that may be running, or go into airplane mode if that is any help.

My iPhone 7 plus is absolutely marvelous. Best in daylight I've seen and maps and video is smoooooth.
To bad the gps doesn't work - lol
POS

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Running with a Sony Xperia Z3. The only time that I might get micro freezes is when the signal is getting fragile at distance, even then it's perfectly usable.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143