DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the 10$ car charger safe for the mp

Got a link?

i always think if you buy a cheap ebay charger and it fries your batteries, it's no one else's fault but your own...ymmv...

My rule is that I never cheap out on batteries, props or chargers. If you want to charge in your car but dont want to buy the $40 DJI car charger, go get yourself a power inverter and save a few bucks.

I have a few of these and power alot of things on it. It plugs into cig adapter or connects to your battery:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Schumacher-Electric-410W-Power-Converter/46167064

That's the same one that Rick from Drone Valley recommends, and the same one I bought. Works like a charm.

Just have a fire extinguisher handy and charge them in a lipo bag. I can never understand why people pay $1000 for a drone and then try to save $10 - $20 buying generic when DJI equipment works just fine and is not that much more money for OEM. And car chargers are one of the things that DJI and most every supplier have plenty of.

If your battery overcharges, or is caused damage by the generic charger, "poof" goes your battery and your warranty.

Reactions: Qoncussion
DJI batteries don't use chargers. They use DC power supplies. All the brains are in the battery. Its kind of difficult to make a bad DC power supply these days.

Overcharging is prevented by said brains.

I can never understand why people pay $1000 for a drone and then try to save $10 - $20 buying generic when DJI equipment works just fine and is not that much more money for OEM.

The DJI car charger does not work fine!!!!

It requires a voltage input of > 13v, which means you have to leave your car engine running. This is a major limitation that is not apparent prior to purchase.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S