DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the beginner mode ON by default?

DroneTech

Reactions
As a new Mavic owner I've been going through all the menus to familiarize myself where everything is. I noticed the beginner mode was not ON when I first started DJI Go 4 app. Is this something that should of been enabled by default?

It usually is, and it should be on if the app is connected to the Mavic. You can't see or adjust any settings if the app is disconnected.

That's strange. Everything was connected. I did my first hover indoors just to get a feel for it.

I think I know why it was not on by default... I did not get any kind of activation screen where it asks your preferences when launching the app as seen in the video below. So why didn't I get any kind of activation prompts?

I'm using Android (Samsung Note 4)

I did not get any kind of activation screen where it asks your preferences when launching the app as seen in the video below. So why didn't I get any kind of activation prompts?
It seems it was already activated by someone else. Was your Mavic brand new?

Reactions: Blades
That's odd. I've never heard of anyone being able to use a Mavic for the first time before activating it in DJI GO.

Did you set a name for your Mavic? This is part of the setup and registration. When you look in the DJIGo app it should have the name in there. If it has a name and not one that you set then it would appear to have already been registered?

Check the flight logs too, see if any are recorded from before you bought it. Wondering if it may be refurbished rather than new.

No it did not ask me to give it a name. I checked DJI Go 4 app for a name and it's just blank. The only flight logs are mine.

Is it possible the hobby shop took it out of the box to test fly it, and then carefully re-sealed it in the box?

No I don't think so. It had the original seal and didn't look like it was tampered with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji