DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a risk to downgrade firmware to previous version?

Pp09nlk2n

Reactions
I am interested in trying the VR controls in the Litchi app but I have seen the warnings about the glitch in the current Mavic firmware that interferes with 3rd party apps like Litchi's control of certain functions.

Is it 'safe' to downgrade the Mavic's firmware back to the previous version? Or is that process either risky or is the previous firmware unstable enough that I am better off waiting for DJI to eventually release an updated firmware to fix the glitch?

Related - if downgrading is safe enough, what is the most reliable way to do it?
(And do I also have to downgrade the RC firmware or something as well?)

It's safe to do it.
Use DJI Assistant 2 software that can be downloaded from DJI website. After installing it plug in the controller via the side USB port and you will see a box appear with the controller icon. Click on it and that will take you to a menu where you will see the firmware option.
Select .400 and let it download and install, then when it's finished pull the cable out. Turn on the mavic and after a minute or so plug the USB cable into the mavic and it should also be detected. Repeat the same process and they will now both be on .400

Rob

That's great. I would recommend staying with .400 until we know a lot more about the direction DJI is headed in with these updates.

Rob

It's safe to do it.
Use DJI Assistant 2 software that can be downloaded from DJI website. After installing it plug in the controller via the side USB port and you will see a box appear with the controller icon. Click on it and that will take you to a menu where you will see the firmware option.
Select .400 and let it download and install, then when it's finished pull the cable out. Turn on the mavic and after a minute or so plug the USB cable into the mavic and it should also be detected. Repeat the same process and they will now both be on .400

Rob

So I downgraded.
Not sure if this is just my perception or real, but it seems like there is more frequent screen tearing even at close range when there wasn't before. (As in, the bottom 1/3rd turns black or the screen glitches a bit).

Might just be a coincidence and there was local interference but figured I'd check and see if that is a common issue with .400 downgrade or if I should just wait and see if it keeps happening.

No I have not had that problem nor have I heard of anybody else having the problem after downgrading. Check your RC link connection signals. Make sure it's on Auto and that their is no interference.

Rob

Screen tearing is usually a problem with high CPU on your display device.

He means high CPU usage on your device is causing the tearing. You might need to get a more powerful device or limit what is running in the background

Ron

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore