DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to disable the exposure (EV) wheel?

erkme73

Reactions
I don't know if I'm just terribly clumsy with my hands when flying, but I always seem to be landing with a different EV value than I had when taking off - and I don't recall making that change. I guess the way I grip the remote, I inadvertently bump the right wheel, and don't notice that I've done so.

Short of putting tape over it, is there a software switch that would allow me to either reprogram it to a more benign function, or disable it?

Surely I can't be the only one to have this 'problem'. Has anyone found a practical solution that doesn't involve some Rube Goldberg modification?

Are you sure your shutter speed is changing and not just the EV value.
EV value is an indicator of your under or over exposure and will change with the available light, so if the light has changed between take off and landing it would be normal for the EV value to have changed.

EV value is an indicator of your under or over exposure and will change with the available light, so if the light has changed between take off and landing it would be normal for the EV value to have changed.
Wrong, in auto mode EV refers to the exposure compensation and that is adjusted with the wheel.

The Mavric does not have "exposure compensation". Dialling the wheel changes the shutter speed, this is the only setting that can be changed other than ISO (aperture is fixed) and ISO can only be changed via the menu.

Simply point your Marvic out of the windows and set the dial to get a 0 EV, then point he mavric into the room. The EV value will change (to a negative value) due to the change in light.

EV = Exposure Value. It is a measure of exposure and nothing to do with Exposure compensation.

NO.
With the camera in Auto mode you adjsut exposure compensation, and the camera sets SS to match "standard exposure + compensation"
In manual mode then yes you adjust SS directly, and EV is an informational display only. Obviously most people use auto mode and thus have wheel mapped to compensation.

What you adjust with the wheel is in blue in the app, the others are white.

Reactions: MavicFrank
NO.
With the camera in Auto mode you adjsut exposure compensation, and the camera sets SS to match "standard exposure + compensation"
In manual mode then yes you adjust SS directly, and EV is an informational display only. Obviously most people use auto mode and thus have wheel mapped to compensation.

What you adjust with the wheel is in blue in the app, the others are white.

I stand corrected. I only shoot in Manual and forgot all about Auto mode.

So the question to the OP is, what mode do you use?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf