DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a widespread problem with RC signal loss?

Your mavic was stuck in "screw the manual mode."
Mavics come preset from the factory in STMM.

Despite the risks to their $1500 investment, People still fly in STMM.
They promptly crash, saying mavic went 'crazy' and in typical entitled fashion, blame
it on DJI, and see that they pick up the chq.

The best advice from me to you when you get your next MP, is:
Pretend that if you crash (reason and blame aside), you wont have a drone anymore, and act accoridingly.

For the record you did take most of the steps to disable STMM, unfortunately just not all.
peace
I performed a RC calibration as well Kate. You are not stating specifics as to why the RC disconnected from the mavic 15 ft in front of me 4 ft off the ground and why the mavic did not about land at this distance with an RC disconnect....

I just want to ask, how far does you guys MP get to go before you have one single drop of the signal bar..

I'm flying in a somewhat populated neighbourhood, totally flat area and i drop one bar when my AC is around 1000m away from me..

I just want to ask, how far does you guys MP get to go before you have one single drop of the signal bar..

I'm flying in a somewhat populated neighbourhood, totally flat area and i drop one bar when my AC is around 1000m away from me..

Same thing. If I have a clear radio line of sight I drop the first signal bar at 1000 m (more or less).

Reactions: Cerberus
Same thing. If I have a clear radio line of sight I drop the first signal bar at 1000 m (more or less).

Is that normal..? Because if we were to apply math to it, 1 bar drop per 1000m, at most I'll probably just hit 5000m before I have some serious signal issues.. not even close to the reported 7km capability...

Is that normal..? Because if we were to apply math to it, 1 bar drop per 1000m, at most I'll probably just hit 5000m before I have some serious signal issues.. not even close to the reported 7km capability...

I wouldn't rely on the "bars" being perfectly proportional to range. And while I admire the efforts of those attempting distance records, that's not why I got the drone. 2 km out is way more than enough for me. Legally, in Canada, it's 500m away.

Reactions: Cerberus
I wouldn't rely on the "bars" being perfectly proportional to range. And while I admire the efforts of those attempting distance records, that's not why I got the drone. 2 km out is way more than enough for me. Legally, in Canada, it's 500m away.

Yea well.. For me sometimes curiosity gets the better of me and I'll sometimes try to push my record a little by little as my confidence grows..

But I can't do it from my neighborhood because I suspect the mild random signal interference I tend to get is from the multitude of home WIFI blasting at full steam.

so yea, 1000m is the furthest I dare try to fly.. for now...

I performed a RC calibration as well Kate. You are not stating specifics as to why the RC disconnected from the mavic 15 ft in front of me 4 ft off the ground and why the mavic did not about land at this distance with an RC disconnect....

Sadly there's a lot of people here that are are incapable of reading the thread, know little of RC technology or even common sense for that matter.

Your incident sounds a lot like mine. Inappropriate RC disconnect, in essence.

DJI have had mine since the 9th of March. After I sent them an email today asking where it was I got a reply saying 'our analysis has confirmed that it was caused by a malfunction'

Presumably this means it will be covered by warranty.

Who knows how much longer this is going to take though.

Reactions: Medic31525
Received response from DJI support.warranty covered for 2 reason 1st being should have immediately landed within 15 ft (less than 5 meters) and loss of RC connection after auto takeoff from only 15 feet away at very low altitude. Thanks for all the help. Happy but still hate waiting for mavic to return.

Reactions: idiogenic
Hello, this will be my first post. I purchased a Mavic (not so) Pro on Saturday February 25th directly from DJI store, and received it just 4 days later. Heavy rain that day so had plenty of time to charge controller and batteries correctly as well as perform a flawless firmware update. I then took the mavic out on the covered front porch and performed an imu and gps calibration as directed. The rain finally stopped so i decided to fly it. placed it on the sidewalk that goes from my house to the road and auto launched with the app saying ready to go and the green light flashing on the rear of the mavic. I let it hover for a solid two minutes 4 ft off the ground just to make sure everything was good to go. I moved the mavic 10 feet forward and performed 2 circles 4-5 ft off the ground. i looked down and the controller and app showed connection lost and the light on the back of the mavic began to flash yellow. The mavic yawed to the right and then gained altitude hitting a small branch approx 20 ft in the air causing it to flip over and land on concrete. major damage to 2 motors and all propellers shattered. I have filed a warranty claim and shipped it to them, waiting on a decision from DJI.

I never reached a distance from the rc of more than 18 ft and was never higher than 6 ft off the ground. $1000 for a 4 min flight. Heart wrenching!
Hopefully DJI can restore my confidence in they're products.

I just experienced almost the same thing after about 10 flights with no issue. Only difference is my remote didn't show disconnect, but it was unresponsive and performed a failsafe RTH (missed the tree luckily)

Reactions: Medic31525
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242