DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there any kind of screen coating that really helps.

Robbyg

Reactions
I have a DJI hood and that helps a bit with the screen my iPhone 6 Plus screen. I can see where I am flying but it's not clear enough unless I go under something that provides heavy shade. I should clarify what I mean by "clear enough". I mean clear enough that I can see if stuff is in proper focus and the lighting is not blown out in the sky. I know many of us suffer from this problem. I am wondering has anyone found a screen protector that really helps. All of these youtube videos on the subject are doing tests indoors. I am looking for advice from someone who has outdoor Mavic experience

Thanks
Rob

I have this hood and while well made, it does not help very much. It actually seems to be a hinderence most of the time.
Good to know, I was about to order it. The Polar Pro hood looks useless altogether. I don't have as much of a problem with my Google Pixel, it's usually manageable at full brightness.

amFilm Anti-Glare Screen Protector- The matte surface really helps. I have it on my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air2

Thanks I will take a look at that and probably buy one unless someone has found a better brand.

Rob

A secret? Wear dark clothes. Often what makes the screen hard to read is your own clothing brightly lit showing in the screen. Wear all black to minimize this.

A secret? Wear dark clothes. Often what makes the screen hard to read is your own clothing brightly lit showing in the screen. Wear all black to minimize this.

Ok Alan I am going MIB next weekend and test your suggestion :D

Rob

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
You will be able to see the screen better, but here in Florida, you will melt wearing black outside for extended periods of time ;)

I have tried a couple of different hoods.. they are pretty useless unless you stop the reflecting light coming in from above.. it does help if you try and hold the controller so that the display is as vertical as possible, and block some of the bright sky with your body (wear dark clothes), or otherwise, try and position yourself so something is blocking the reflective light above and and behind you.. but then, one questions why would you need a hood.. to me, they are more trouble then they are worth

Last edited:
I second the use of a Matte Screen Protector- the matte surface has noticeably less glare than other types. I have it on my iPad Mini 4.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom