DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this normal, very HOT motors on 90 degrees weather?

regpugeda

Reactions
After flying several minutes on a sunny 90 degrees weather here in VA Beach I noticed the motors on my Mavic & Phantom 3P are very hot to touch very much so on the Mavic than the P3P. This worries me as I am planning on bringing this Mavic to the Philippines on my vacation. It is notoriously HOT there, I wonder if the Mavic esc & motors will be able to handle it? Does anyone have the same experience with the Mavic motors getting hot now that summer weather is upon us? Remember the Mavic came out almost winter, this is going to be the first summer for the Mavic. Kindly check your motor temp. as soon as you land.

I live in Virginia Beach and just got my Mavic last week. Where around here do you fly?

I noticed my batteries much hotter than ever after flying last night. I'm hoping it is a coincidence it was right after updating the software.

I live in Virginia Beach and just got my Mavic last week. Where around here do you fly?

Anywhere outside the No Flyzone, but for just checking the Mavic and flying below 50 ft. in my backyard, driveway, garage, living room, etc.

Last edited:
I noticed my batteries much hotter than ever after flying last night. I'm hoping it is a coincidence it was right after updating the software.

My batteries on both drone was fine not even warm. I have not update the firmware yet.

i flew long journeys in 98 heat i had more phone problems than Mavic problems, but do not try to charge the batteries after a long flight straight away. cool em down first.

Even humans break down in heat so don't abuse the AC just get it in some shade for a few minutes before the next battery goes in

Reactions: Former Member
What were you using to monitor the battery temp and what was the temperature outside?

It was mid 80's and I was using my hand to monitor the temp. I've never had an issue, it rarely even got warm flying the same place and style. Definitely getting warmer here in Florida but not in the upper 90's by any means.

It was mid 80's and I was using my hand to monitor the temp. I've never had an issue, it rarely even got warm flying the same place and style. Definitely getting warmer here in Florida but not in the upper 90's by any means.

I was just surprised that the motors will get that hot on a 90 degrees weather, perhaps because I was flying very slow {videoing) didn't have enough air passing thru the motors. I need to experiment.

I have 2 Mavic 2 Pro's and they both show warm to hot motors, the front ones being hotter than the rear. It's wierd in that they do not always get warm or hot even on 95 degree days but do on other 95 degree days My observation is it happens more on humid days and when flying with more lift and speed modes... It seems consistent with all of the three M2P's which I have flown.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S