DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this sticker on Mavic Pro normal?

johndoedoes

Reactions
My buddy just got his DJI Mavic and I went by to look at it today. What an awesome drone!!!

Definitely plan on getting one next year but I noticed something and thought I'd ask other owners about. Did your drone have this little yellow sticker on it?

My buddy was going to remove it but I told him to hold off until I asked you guys :)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3617.JPG
    IMG_3617.JPG
    741.7 KB · Views: 815
Yes. You should remove all exterior stickers.

Reactions: gphinney
Yes, you should remove all of the stickers. I carefully pulled it off with just my fingers.

Whatever you do, make sure you hold the camera steady with the other hand when pulling the sticker off. It's not easy to pull off.

Reactions: johndoedoes
We got it. He was babying the gimbal and I had some tweezers and it took some teamwork but we got it off. That sicker was on tight!

Then he removed the gimbal clamp and we laughed because that would have made it super easy.

Does that clamp snap back into place or does it just slide up? I've owned two Phantom's (3 and 4) so I told him I'd help set it up, but this is all new to me since it's a new design.

Yep, I just slide the clamp up into the space behind the gimbal. The camera head has a notch that fits into the clamp and everything just holds in place.

On the DJI website forum DJI say it doesn't matter if you take off or leave the sticker in place. Iv just left mine on as it seems to have not effect on the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Why would you leave the sticker on? (just curious)

Also - my buddy was flying it around tonight and all the LEDs were off on the drone which made it nearly impossible to view in the night sky.

On my Phantom there were lights always showing where he front of the device was...did he potentially disable them? All we were able to see was a quick green flashing light.

Also - my buddy was flying it around tonight and all the LEDs were off on the drone which made it nearly impossible to view in the night sky.

On my Phantom there were lights always showing where he front of the device was...did he potentially disable them? All we were able to see was a quick green flashing light.
There's an option to turn off the red lights in the DJI GO settings. You can also assign it to the C1 or C2 buttons.

Have you ever seen people that drive around with the manufacturer stickers on the driver side window?
Do you want to be that person?

Reactions: gphinney

There is this option too. Mine was on by default. Stumped me for a min. On another note, with the front lights off this thing is **** near stealth! I like it!
Credit: msinger I borrowed his pic from another post on phantompilots.com.
dji-go-turn-off-leds-for-photos-jpg.57602

There is this option too. Mine was on by default. Stumped me for a min. On another note, with the front lights off this thing is **** near stealth! I like it!
Credit: msinger I borrowed his pic from another post on phantompilots.com.
dji-go-turn-off-leds-for-photos-jpg.57602
Found it. Why would you want to turn those off? Did you leave it on or off?

Also - is this Auto Focus the same as Tap to focus? We can't get this green square to go away and it stays on the screen the whole time. I've watched a lot of videos and realize you need to focus on these drones so the shots don't look soft - just want to make sure it's being done properly.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3630.PNG
    IMG_3630.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
I will be programing one of the rear buttons on the controller to centre focus . ..

Found it. Why would you want to turn those off? Did you leave it on or off?

Also - is this Auto Focus the same as Tap to focus? We can't get this green square to go away and it stays on the screen the whole time. I've watched a lot of videos and realize you need to focus on these drones so the shots don't look soft - just want to make sure it's being done properly.

Thanks

You'd turn the front lights off to avoid getting a red halo effect on night photos/videos. Sometimes the lights on the front can get into your shot. I turned the "auto off" option off. I'll turn them off when I want them off.

I have my C1 button programmed as center focus. No more tapping the screen.

And illegal! You cannot fly an RPAS in night conditions without illumination

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98