DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this the end?

Interesting post. Do you realize that you just went political? Is it ok to do so as long as it's pro Trump?
There is no political spin on that. That is what he has been saying since he started campaigning. I'm not making any comments as to whether I agree/disagree or level of success around it.

Might be a good thing... if that's possible.

There is no political spin on that. That is what he has been saying since he started campaigning. I'm not making any comments as to whether I agree/disagree or level of success around it.

Yes, you were being completely political by implying in your post that he will do what he said he would do. If I wanted to be political I could respond with several examples where he has done the opposite. So, just admit that you are a fan and move on. Btw I actually have no problem with your being political. Don't really think being apolitical is realistic. I just didn't appreciate your call for others to be apolitical while sneaking in a clearly political comment in the same paragraph.

To get back to topic, and to the reason for my opening this thread, if you read the article I posted or do a Google search all signs are pointing to new regulations effectively giving the government control over your drone. If that is true it can be considered privacy intrusion (like your browsing history can now be sold to companies, thanks to the same administration), and it would definitely be far cry from a conservative, small government, move. It is government overreach because there is no empirical risk to drone flight in the US, i.e. they are (literally) infinitely safer than guns or cars.

All that said, I obviously hope I'm proven wrong and you are right and the administration will do the right thing here.

Yep. It's the end. Sky is falling. Sell your drones. Hide your wife and kids.

All sarcasm aside (and sorry but this topic comes up with every new firmware and every news story about drones) I do see this as a good thing. A step in the right direction at least. If you who's attending the meeting it would appear that he's interested in responsible growth of the industry.

Yes, you were being completely political by implying in your post that he will do what he said he would do. If I wanted to be political I could respond with several examples where he has done the opposite. So, just admit that you are a fan and move on. Btw I actually have no problem with your being political. Don't really think being apolitical is realistic. I just didn't appreciate your call for others to be apolitical while sneaking in a clearly political comment in the same paragraph.

To get back to topic, and to the reason for my opening this thread, if you read the article I posted or do a Google search all signs are pointing to new regulations effectively giving the government control over your drone. If that is true it can be considered privacy intrusion (like your browsing history can now be sold to companies, thanks to the same administration), and it would definitely be far cry from a conservative, small government, move. It is government overreach because there is no empirical risk to drone flight in the US, i.e. they are (literally) infinitely safer than guns or cars.

All that said, I obviously hope I'm proven wrong and you are right and the administration will do the right thing here.

I think this is a horrific post.
The politics is from you.

The gov doesn't "want control of your drone."
That is your postulate.
What they are tasked to do is control airspace that they are obligated and required to control, per law.
I'm pretty sure nobody gives a **** about any hobbyist's drone unless it enters controlled airspace, where they have an obligation to those who are operating in it, and who are certified, inspected and promised that such controls are in effect.

Reactions: JHSlayer
So reading the article, the largest drone market holders will not be attending. This sort of suggests it's not really a meeting with Drone comapanies...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929