DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is tripod mode the best learning to fly option ?

Felipe

Reactions
after checking out lots of Mavic YouTube tutorials, seems that of all the available flight modes tripod mode looks like the easiest "no panic" learning to fly options ? What is the consensus here ?

Beginner Mode would be the best option. And, it would be a good idea to fly in a wide open location that has no obstacles. If that's not a possibility, then at least fly above all obstacles in the area.

I'm basically a newbie drone guy. Mine is still in beginner mode. I like the restrictions on it right now as it's slow and gives me time to get familiar with it. At least in this mode, the mp won't get too far away while I'm trying to learn the Go app also.

Reactions: deltalimatango
I've taught some people how to fly using tripod mode. One downside is that they get used to giving it "full stick" on all inputs before the Mavic responds and when we switch back to normal or beginner mode they get rattled by the amount of response they get. It takes almost as long to get them used to flying than if I had just skipped tripod mode My suggestions would be to just start on beginner and get used to letting go of the sticks and relying on GPS mode to keep the bird from flying into anything if you find yourself getting out of depth.

Reactions: deltalimatango
I've taught some people how to fly using tripod mode. One downside is that they get used to giving it "full stick" on all inputs before the Mavic responds and when we switch back to normal or beginner mode they get rattled by the amount of response they get. It takes almost as long to get them used to flying than if I had just skipped tripod mode My suggestions would be to just start on beginner and get used to letting go of the sticks and relying on GPS mode to keep the bird from flying into anything if you find yourself getting out of depth.

Sort of like trying to get people to learn how to photograph in manual mode as opposed to automatic all the time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+