DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is trumps visit to Fl home effecting my flying now??

waverider969

Reactions
Well over weekend went to show off my drone to my friends at the beach. The same beach I usually fly at. All of a sudden I get a double whammy. A required firmware update and a no fly zone. I first thought that was related to the firmware. I am over 15 miles from any airport. So after a long long process of firmware upgrade and install my bird was still getting a "no fly zone" I thought it must be some error so I proceeded to get an override code via text to continue my flight. Now looking back I wonder if due to trumps visit they automatically put a no fly zone in my area even though I'm over 10 miles from his club in palm beach. What the hell??

Isn't that normal when our president is where we are.
Seems Hawaii was a lot not long ago.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
According to part 107 reading. It's normal for them to close airspace when Air Force one is expected to be flying in.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yep, here in Florida we're going to be seeing a lot of this as he likes to come home most weekends. I'm okay with that though. Plenty of places we can fly.

When vacationing in Maine, I do know that the Bush compound in Kennebunkport is still today surrounded by prohibited airspace (P-67).

Yep, here in Florida we're going to be seeing a lot of this as he likes to come home most weekends. I'm okay with that though. Plenty of places we can fly.

Seriosly , plenty of space? I just read he has a 30 mile radius from his winter home (Mar-Lago) for small aircraft.That basicly just put my house and everywhere else in south Florida where I fly into a No Fly zone. This really Blows. I get the 5 mile radius and even 10mile restriction but 30 mile radius that is crazy!

By the way what happens when you submit the form to ove ride restriction and get a pin code to do so. I thought it was a firmware error and went ahead and got permision through DJI app to fly again by giving my phone number to get pin code. Will somneone be contacting me?? :()

Last February 2016 I was in Rancho Mirage CA (Palm Springs) and I was Just outside the 5 mile airport no fly zone..... I flew my drone as some of the close neighbors in the cul-de-sac came out and were very interested in it (it was all good).

Then a few days later President Obama flew in to the Desert to have some meeting with officials of other countries and to vacation just a just a few miles from where I was staying.

Not really thinking.... I took my drone (yuneec q5004k) up for 1 battery and flew around...... Landed in the back yard without any incident. In the early evening we were leaving to go out to eat, and was stopped by a Rancho Mirage Cop..... and she asked if I had been flying a drone? I said yes.... and she said there were complaints about it flying over peoples houses...... and that the real problem is that it is a no fly zone..... I told her that I was outside of the NFZ, and she said, that maybe true.... but because of the President.... The whole area was a NFZ (IE: 50 mile radius). She took all of our info down for EVERYONE that was staying at the house..... and said that the secret service may be in contact with us!!!!! She was a really cool cop, and she could see that we were no threat, and it was just a case of (I didn't know)..........

So with a 50 mile NFZ radius, that is 100 miles from one end to the other........ leaving no real place to fly when the President is in Town.

This is just a heads up....... as you don't want a visit from the secret service!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929