DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Isle of Wight

Just been there (yesterday) but it was soooo foggy I couldn't even see the light house from the car park.

In June?! Crazy weather!

I am off there in two weeks , really would like film the needles weather permitting

I am off there in two weeks , really would like film the needles weather permitting
Going there tomorrow but the forecast sucks :/ Hopefully will get better on Sunday cause I don't wanna leave without the Needles footage :)

post the footage if you make it , good luck.
so...the weather wasn't very friendly to me...it was pouring almost whole Saturday so I managed to have a couple of short flights around Shanklin in the evening of that day and on Sunday morning....
The Needles were so windy that sometimes it was difficult even to walk :( So I'll keep this landmark for my next visit...
Once I make the video about Shanklin I'll post it here

Thats a shame , I hope I fair better when I go , will post the video if I do, look forward to see the shanklin Video,
I was out Saturday go some good footage of southend pier and Leigh on sea ,
weather was good in morning ,

Going there tomorrow but the forecast sucks :/ Hopefully will get better on Sunday cause I don't wanna leave without the Needles footage :)
Just a quick one - its the start of the Fastnet Race on 6th August - there will be loads of helicopter activity .. avoid the Needles Channel if flying a UAV!

Ahhhhhh! Sooooo jealous!!!

As above, there was so much fog when I went there in June you literally couldn't even see the end of the needles!

Which site did you stay on mate? We stopped on Southland site in Sandown.

I never thought the weather would be so kind wind and the needles was so light could not believe my luck.

We have a motorhome and motorbike , If you look at the opening shots of the campsite you can see the MH and red bike in the field it was at Calbourne Watermill in middle of island

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929