DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues after ActiveTrac initiation

leprince79

Reactions
So I just had a small "scare". Took my Mavic Pro out over a river and was demonstrating to a friend how to use the ActiveTrac feature. The Mavic locked on (target was a small boat getting ready to depart) with no problem. As the boat departed, Active Trac engaged and the Mavic began to follow. The Mavic appeared to lose track of he boat, then it stopped, dead in the air. 25ft over water. I put in various control inputs and got no response. Said a quick prayer and engaged RTH; which worked exactly as it should have. Wondering if anyone has ever run into this kind of issue before. My firmware was the latest available and I was using the DJI (not a 3rd party) app to pilot the Mavic.

So I just had a small "scare". Took my Mavic Pro out over a river and was demonstrating to a friend how to use the ActiveTrac feature. The Mavic locked on (target was a small boat getting ready to depart) with no problem. As the boat departed, Active Trac engaged and the Mavic began to follow. The Mavic appeared to lose track of he boat, then it stopped, dead in the air. 25ft over water. I put in various control inputs and got no response...
You just need to cancel ActiveTrack to get control back. You can do this either by pressing the stop button within the GO app, or by pressing the Pause button at the controller, or by switching to Sports mode at the controller. No reason to panic!

Reactions: Kilrah
You did well.
A couple of months ago I had mine do the same . It slammed to an abrupt halt during active track as if it hit something. It then hovered and displayed "Joystick" on the LCD and Go screen. This suggested to me it was in Joystick mode. After a minute and a half of trying in vain to use the joysticks with zero response, I chose the same option as you did and pressed RTH. My thinking was it was beyond LOS and highest priority was to get it back in sight. RTH struck me as abetter option because at the time I thought it may in fact have collided with something and been damaged. Once I could see it nearby I toggled to Sport and manually flew back the rest of the way. just dug out the log from back at the start of March.

upload_2017-5-31_17-9-7.png

White = GPS Atti, Blue = Active track, Green = Joysitck, Pink = Go Home, Fawn = Sport

Normally when it drops out of Active Track you end up in [White = GPS Atti] and you can fly with joysticks. For some reason though Active Track occasionally exits to [Green = Joysitck] and it just sits there an hovers, unresponsive to Joystick which is mighty counter intuitive :confused:

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-31_17-8-38.png
    upload_2017-5-31_17-8-38.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98