DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues editing video

Reactions
I recently got some great footage on my Mavic. I had reached the cache limit on the app so the file did not show up on my phone however I was able to watch it when connected to the drone. I transferred the file directly from the drone to my computer via USB but now can't seem to open the file. When I try to open it with Microsoft Media Player it says that it doesnt support the file type or is a codec issue. I downloaded VLC but the video stops every 2-3 seconds and gets extremely pixelated.

How can I watch my movie? Any ideas?

Its probably because the drone records in either .mov or .mp4, depending on whichever is set. Pixelation I'm not sure of, can you try re-transferring it to your computer? Perhaps with a micro-sd to USB adapter. Also, is your computer spec-ed high enough to play 4k video? (Assuming thats what you recorded at)

If you'd like, you can upload the video to Google Drive, I can play it to make sure its not a problem with the video.

Try QuickTime. Tried windows media player on my brothers Win7 machine. Said it wasn't supported. Had to right click and select open with -> QuickTime. He didn't have VLC installed although he needs to get it.

His PC choked on the 4K footage. Was dropping frames like crazy. It's an older core2quad with deticated graphics only. It played back one frame every 6 seconds or so.

I use a MacBook Pro 2013 with discrete graphics, handles the 4K fine in Final Cut Pro. Only time it choked was when I had 2 extra 4K overlays on top of a main 4K window (and that was only while editing and keeping all the media on an external hard drive). Was fine after I rendered the movie.

What are the spec's of your PC?

Reactions: scottf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy