DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It does fly for over 25 minutes

Nathan Hoover

Reactions
I was suspicious of DJI's claim that hover time was 24 minutes but max flight time was 27 minutes (at 15.5 mph). So I decided to see. I wasn't going to fly down to 0% but decided to land at 10% or so, and keep at as close to 15.5 mph as I could. My test wasn't optimal because there was some wind so I was around 10 mph into the wind and a bit above 15.5 going downwind. But I landed at 9% after 25:07 flight time.Based on the was the battery was going down, I now believe 27 minutes.

Screenshot_20161111-112816.png

Flight data: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Reactions: mikeroycollins
Boy do I remember communting on CA-17 -- one of Cali's many death roads.

Brian

I was suspicious of DJI's claim that hover time was 24 minutes but max flight time was 27 minutes (at 15.5 mph). So I decided to see. I wasn't going to fly down to 0% but decided to land at 10% or so, and keep at as close to 15.5 mph as I could. My test wasn't optimal because there was some wind so I was around 10 mph into the wind and a bit above 15.5 going downwind. But I landed at 9% after 25:07 flight time.Based on the was the battery was going down, I now believe 27 minutes.

View attachment 1076

Flight data: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Just keep in mind that when you start depleting a Lipo below 20% on a regular basis you will shorten the batteries life... Great flight time info so you know how far you can push it, but I personally would not push my batteries that far very many times...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom