DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ItElite NanoSync Antenna Coming Soon!

I will do an in depth review of this on my gear review website but I judging by how weak the signal is with a clear line of sight I think it is safe to say that the penetration of this setup will be far inferior to the factory configuration. To give an idea how how little my itelite antenna helps... i totally disconnected the cables and I lost roughly 10 feet in total elevation that I could fly. Not sure if that is a good example but the point is, I get fairly similar range and connectivity with or without the antenna connected to the controller.

I am hoping they will send me a replacement unit so I can test this against one that is functioning hopefully. To any prospective buyers for the itelite unit, my suggestion at this point is to hang on until I can provide more information regarding this setup because at this point all I have done is waste $109.00 not to mention voiding my warranty.

Anyone on here should not wait for this guy to give his review. He bought his unit from a not normal source I.e. MAXXUAV and/or DBSMODS so who knows what he got exactly.

Lastly, anyone with experience in this stuff knows that ITELITE, MAXXUAV, and DBS MODS are all top notch. They put out top of the line antennas, and they don't cut corners. Also we all know that these antennas make a HUGE difference in signal and penetration. I'm most cases you don't need the antenna for long range, the Mavic does this stock... but to punch through trees, and congested areas it is a must. I have one for pure and simple insurance on long range flights.

Everyone, we are good, promise. I did mine yesterday and it's amazing so far. Just like always.

Reactions: Jamison74
I'm just posting my experience regarding this install and my current results. The installation it self is not rocket science once you get the case open. Ribbons are easy to remove and re-install and its straight forward in regards to where you hook up the cables internally as they more or less pop on like buttons.

The whole reason I purchased a second mavic controller is so I can be sure to have a good baseline to compare this modified one against. I haven't performed performance tests but judging by the fact that I can't get further than 250ft from my remote without my signal dropping off significantly (with the modded setup), I am guessing penetration will be poor.

TheLightSpeed... where are you located? I'd love to link your controller up to my Mavic since your setup is working significantly better than mine evidently.

That said, I am waiting to hear back from the itelite guys and see if they are willing to swap me a different unit for testing before I write my review and state my definitive opinion. Looking at the included hardware and components, it seems these are all coming from the same manufacturer and are simply re branded. This unit states it was manufactured in Poland, where are the other units made?

Anyone on here should not wait for this guy to give his review. He bought his unit from a not normal source I.e. MAXXUAV and/or DBSMODS so who knows what he got exactly.

Lastly, anyone with experience in this stuff knows that ITELITE, MAXXUAV, and DBS MODS are all top notch. They put out top of the line antennas, and they don't cut corners. Also we all know that these antennas make a HUGE difference in signal and penetration. I'm most cases you don't need the antenna for long range, the Mavic does this stock... but to punch through trees, and congested areas it is a must. I have one for pure and simple insurance on long range flights.

Everyone, we are good, promise. I did mine yesterday and it's amazing so far. Just like always.

Gee, good job at trying to kill the messenger. Actually, we don't all know that these antennas make (as you claim) a "HUGE" difference. None of the antenna makers that I've seen publish any technical specs for their antennas so we're all just left with user statements on how effective these antennas are.

Gee, good job at trying to kill the messenger. Actually, we don't all know that these antennas make (as you claim) a "HUGE" difference. None of the antenna makers that I've seen publish any technical specs for their antennas so we're all just left with user statements on how effective these antennas are.

Well MaxxUav sells these antennas and the proof is in the distance posts.

Let me rephrase, I am 100% these antennas make a huge difference. Go look at the Phantom forums and see the bonkers results from these Panel Antenna's from itelite.

There is almost no doubt in my head that something went wrong with your install. It's so easy to do. In both this series and the Phantom series a common problem comes up. People either don't push the tiny plug on to the logic board all the way, or they get it crossed and it bends. Another common issue I believe I have seen in my own installs doing this is pinching the wire... in the Mavic controller it's completely easy.

The more I think about it both MAXUAV and DBSMODS publish videos of the proof. DBS is the king of this type of antenna and doing this mod. He's been around forever and has a above average reputation. His videos are on YouTube and on his site. Buy from Jake at MAXXUAV, or DBSMODS. You won't regret it.

I'm just posting my experience regarding this install and my current results. The installation it self is not rocket science once you get the case open. Ribbons are easy to remove and re-install and its straight forward in regards to where you hook up the cables internally as they more or less pop on like buttons.

The whole reason I purchased a second mavic controller is so I can be sure to have a good baseline to compare this modified one against. I haven't performed performance tests but judging by the fact that I can't get further than 250ft from my remote without my signal dropping off significantly (with the modded setup), I am guessing penetration will be poor.

TheLightSpeed... where are you located? I'd love to link your controller up to my Mavic since your setup is working significantly better than mine evidently.

That said, I am waiting to hear back from the itelite guys and see if they are willing to swap me a different unit for testing before I write my review and state my definitive opinion. Looking at the included hardware and components, it seems these are all coming from the same manufacturer and are simply re branded. This unit states it was manufactured in Poland, where are the other units made?

While the basic packaging is consistent I can tell you there are little differences depending on who you buy from.

For example- maxuav includes smooth washers to fit in the antenna holes... DBS does not, just a lock washer

I will do an in depth review of this on my gear review website but I judging by how weak the signal is with a clear line of sight I think it is safe to say that the penetration of this setup will be far inferior to the factory configuration. To give an idea how how little my itelite antenna helps... i totally disconnected the cables and I lost roughly 10 feet in total elevation that I could fly. Not sure if that is a good example but the point is, I get fairly similar range and connectivity with or without the antenna connected to the controller.

I am hoping they will send me a replacement unit so I can test this against one that is functioning hopefully. To any prospective buyers for the itelite unit, my suggestion at this point is to hang on until I can provide more information regarding this setup because at this point all I have done is waste $109.00 not to mention voiding my warranty.
Yea.... going by what you are saying, powering your controller with no antenna, I'd say your Tx is not in good condition at this time to conduct any testing

Reactions: bakerboy
If that is the case I will buy a 3rd controller and make sure I follow a strict guideline to ensure I do not cause this damage you guys are proposing. I am sure I popped the cables on securely, its obvious when they pop on. Cables were not mixed. Cables were not kinked when I set them and I secured them with silicone tape before fastening. Most modern transceivers have the SWR meter's reflected power measurement circuitry run back directly onto the transmitter's ALC circuit to drastically reduce power whenever the SWR is too high (usually down to like 5 watts on a 100 watt rig), thus saving the output transistors from any extreme voltages or currents.

To start off simple.. I want to see if the range extenders from FPVLR work. I'll try installing these on said "fried" controller to see if we get any noticeable improvements. If so, I'll benchmark the improvements against the factory unit. If not, I think it is safe to say that I may have caused damage as you guys have suggested. I would like for this range extender to work, and I hope it does!

I don't like 100% claims and I don't believe video bs. I like to buy things because they show promise and then leave my personal experiences on these purchases. Often times guys will just run drones on a preset flight paths with video recording and make claims that they were controlling it the entire way. People did that with the Parrot Disco when it was released. I ended up buying one and it fell WAY short of what it was allegedly capable of doing... After a few comments on threads and what not it became clear there were trolls in related forums and their sole job was damage control and mediating unhappy customers.

The more I think about it both MAXUAV and DBSMODS publish videos of the proof. DBS is the king of this type of antenna and doing this mod. He's been around forever and has a above average reputation. His videos are on YouTube and on his site. Buy from Jake at MAXXUAV, or DBSMODS. You won't regret it.

You're touting YouTube videos as supporting "proof"? :p

Try searching YouTube for the key words "Proof Elvis is Alive" and tell me how many hits you get.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. With the itelite setup I was getting the weak signal warning around 250 meters and total loss of signal anywhere from 350-500 meters. The mavic would RTH and then regain connectivity around 50 meters from me.

After speaking with one of the guys at itelite, I decided it would be fair to revert this controller back to stock to see if it was in fact possible that I fried something inside the controller as some have suggested.

Test flight after reverting back to stock... I flew it 5000 meters with not one hiccup in video feed and only 1 bar off on the controllers connection to drone. I guess we can rule out that I fried anything.

I would still like to believe that this thing works and that I in fact received a defective unit. Next step is to try and swap this unit out for a new one.

Update:

Apparently the cables that they have been supplied with are faulty so they are waiting on a fresh batch that they can test and ensure are working. Will update in a week or so probably once I have the new cables in and running. Hopefully we can get this setup functioning as intended and give it a proper test against stock!

Last edited:
Reactions: aitorlape
Just wanted to give you guys an update. With the itelite setup I was getting the weak signal warning around 250 meters and total loss of signal anywhere from 350-500 meters. The mavic would RTH and then regain connectivity around 50 meters from me.

After speaking with one of the guys at itelite, I decided it would be fair to revert this controller back to stock to see if it was in fact possible that I fried something inside the controller as some have suggested.

Test flight after reverting back to stock... I flew it 5000 meters with not one hiccup in video feed and only 1 bar off on the controllers connection to drone. I guess we can rule out that I fried anything.

I would still like to believe that this thing works and that I in fact received a defective unit. Next step is to try and swap this unit out for a new one.

Update:

Apparently the cables that they have been supplied with are faulty so they are waiting on a fresh batch that they can test and ensure are working. Will update in a week or so probably once I have the new cables in and running. Hopefully we can get this setup functioning as intended and give it a proper test against stock!
firstly, thanks for all your efforts to post a review
but i do want to add that there are plenty of people that have stated these work great, myself included. Its all good that you dont wish to believe any of this and somehow think we are all making it up and may be unreliable. That being said, even if you come up and say this doesnt work and has made your controller inferior to stock, some people, myself included, are going to just believe your results to be false or unreliable.
I honestly wish you the best and that you get your system up and running, but I van assure anyone else following this thread that the antenna gives a boost, and the booster even more so
best of luck with yours mate

I just did this install on my controller and my range is piss poor. I've read that some of the units can be bad so I am hoping this is the case. At this point, I feel pretty ripped off. The difference in range from modded w/ itelite nanosync range extender vs bone stock controller is not even worth comparing.
I agree I've had the same issue. plus my gimbal has stopped working!

I just did this install on my controller and my range is piss poor. I've read that some of the units can be bad so I am hoping this is the case. At this point, I feel pretty ripped off. The difference in range from modded w/ itelite nanosync range extender vs bone stock controller is not even worth comparing.
should be called a "range reducer"!!

Hey bud, where did you buy the antenna from?
Hi Jake I bought my nanosync from Rise Above Drones in Australia who installed it for me and so far its been terrible. I have no more range than before, in fact looks like less range in interference areas and my gimbal does not respond and lose video feed info on the return leg! Pretty disappointing!

dude, speak to the guys at Rise Above and send it back for a replacement. I have always found them to be very reasonable to deal with.
If they did the mod, and now your gimbal isnt working (although not sure how the controller could have caused this) they will help you out

Well my experience is mine alone. My antennas from ITELITE antennas have been totally reliable and high quality. Best on the market.

I still think botched antenna installs are mostly the reason for the problems.

it has to be. How else can the fact that some of us are having great success and others are not. All with the same equipment

I've been using the DBS antennas since the P2 vision+ and have always had great results with them. The install is always straightforward and simple as long as you have the right tools and some patience.
I just ordered from Skydroneusa on ebay. They state they are an authorized distributor? I hope this is true.
Due to an amputation and reattachment of my pinky finger and other damage from a work related accident, my left hand and arm are less than cooperative anymore. It's an older injury but as time has gone by more and more hidden damage is showing up and being left handed it's a pain in the..!

Question I have is just in case I don't feel able this time to do the install can someone recommend a quality tech? Preferably in the Chicago area.

Update: Amazing!

So I just received the new cables from Itelite, installed & tested... I think it is safe to say that I received a batch of bad cables with my initial order. With the new cables installed, I took the the Mavic out for a spin and my connection never dropped more than 1 bar.

Range and signal penetration has definitely improved! I'll do a range test tomorrow morning when winds are down. Like others have said, the improved penetration you get from this setup is night and day. I am now able to go in areas where historically I could not due to signal interference and the connection dropping. Basically, for people flying in congested areas (city settings) this modification is an absolute must.

A big thanks to Ricardo at Itelite. The customer service I received from these guys was bar none. Their communication was excellent and never charged a penny more for the shipping costs (over night mind you) or replacement cables to get this setup working. I am not affiliated to these guys in any way but based on the positive experience I had I feel compelled to suggest you buy through these guys.

I'll be posting a review of my setup in a week or so on my gear nut site.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=dmc2RVNiNkRhV0JUWGFmMEhDOVFodFZFWm9ZdFJ3
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=aWdlVU43NHlKTzdMc3VNcHkyZnlzMXQ2T0ZoQ3R3
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=OTNsWkNMMDF2dERjZUNzcmg5X3p0Rld4aE8xVll3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji