DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's in my hands... Now what?

I know it's a chore but reading the manual will be super helpful. The people on this forum can help clarify things in the manual or fill in the blanks as necessary.

Be patient with this update as it is taking a lot of people many tries and lots of time for it to complete. I was one of the lucky ones where it finished the first time but still took about 30 minutes. During the update the drone will make noise and do strange things with the lights. Just keep an eye on the percentage of completion. Don't panic if it stalls for five or so minutes.

I know it's a chore but reading the manual will be super helpful. The people on this forum can help clarify things in the manual or fill in the blanks as necessary.

Be patient with this update as it is taking a lot of people many tries and lots of time for it to complete. I was one of the lucky ones where it finished the first time but still took about 30 minutes. During the update the drone will make noise and do strange things with the lights. Just keep an eye on the percentage of completion. Don't panic if it stalls for five or so minutes.

Yeah I notice it as well. It took a bit more time but I was lucky it completed in the first try with no issues as well.
The funny thing is that it has not prompted me to update for each battery.

I think I will try tonight powering it on and off with different batteries to ensure they are on the same version.
The funny thing is that I flew over the weekend and forgot to check this in advance and the funniest thing is that I did a range test flying directly out to the sea and back 6kms+ total travel distance. The good thing is that well, it returned in one piece :D

Reactions: cobra46
Yeah I notice it as well. It took a bit more time but I was lucky it completed in the first try with no issues as well.
The funny thing is that it has not prompted me to update for each battery.

I think I will try tonight powering it on and off with different batteries to ensure they are on the same version.
The funny thing is that I flew over the weekend and forgot to check this in advance and the funniest thing is that I did a range test flying directly out to the sea and back 6kms+ total travel distance. The good thing is that well, it returned in one piece :D

I thought most reported no battery update with this update.

Reactions: stratos
I linked it all up and have got no update... Hmmm I guess I'm good to go?

If you get ready to fly, there will be screen that will give you a status summary of all systems. Near the top with be a firmware status. I don't have my drone on at the moment so I can't give you the exact name.

Since it's dark in BC now, you shouldn't be flying tonight for your first time, however, you could turn on the Mavic and controller and then go thru all the screens and settings to practice where they are and what they do. Take some photos and video. Play with ISO, shutter speed, focus, gimbal speed etc..... It will be way less stressful with the drone sitting on the table next to you rather than in the sky actually flying. You could even take of the props to ensure it doesn't take off.

If you get ready to fly, there will be screen that will give you a status summary of all systems. Near the top with be a firmware status. I don't have my drone on at the moment so I can't give you the exact name.

Since it's dark in BC now, you shouldn't be flying tonight for your first time, however, you could turn on the Mavic and controller and then go thru all the screens and settings to practice where they are and what they do. Take some photos and video. Play with ISO, shutter speed, focus, gimbal speed etc..... It will be way less stressful with the drone sitting on the table next to you rather than in the sky actually flying. You could even take of the props to ensure it doesn't take off.

Thanks. Thats some great advice.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots