DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I've Never

HelloNasty1

Reactions
bought so much s$it for something I HOPE to receive before Christmas. LOL. Heck could be January. Upside being maybe some of the bugs I read about get worked out a bit.
Here's to keep on prepping! Cheers!
* 2 additional batteries
* Litchi app (Black Friday Price)
* Pelican IM2200 w/ Foam Case
* Extra Propellers
* ETC!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Here's hoping they don't do a "Karma" esq recall before your bird arrives!! ;-)

True that! But then I could just preordered the Mavic 2 ;-)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Me too!! I've not pre-ordered a Mavic yet myself... waiting for the dust to settle... but certainly will be when they start to become available!! I'm a bit dissappointed to see DJI putting their prices up on their direct web site! I guess it's to deter people from placing orders until they get on top of it... or they're just trying to screw as much out of their punters as they can... to cover the re-call costs ;-)

Me too!! I've not pre-ordered a Mavic yet myself... waiting for the dust to settle... but certainly will be when they start to become available!! I'm a bit dissappointed to see DJI putting their prices up on their direct web site! I guess it's to deter people from placing orders until they get on top of it... or they're just trying to screw as much out of their punters as they can... to cover the re-call costs ;-)

Still same price $999 or $1299. No price hike. Don't know where people get this info.
Mavic Pro

Still same price $999 or $1299. No price hike. Don't know where people get this info.
Mavic Pro

The price has gone up from £999 to £1099 on DJI's UK site and the Combo package had gone up by £100 but has now disappeared off the UK site! I think the point is, the UK price has jumped by £100... you are quoting dollars so I guess the USA price hasn't been affected! We were already getting a bad deal by paying £999! Checking XE Currency converter £999 is equivalent $1240 so in actual fact we should be paying more like £804 for the basic package if you convert $999 back in to GB Pounds!!

The price has gone up from £999 to £1099 on DJI's UK site and the Combo package had gone up by £100 but has now disappeared off the UK site! I think the point is, the UK price has jumped by £100... you are quoting dollars so I guess the USA price hasn't been affected! We were already getting a bad deal by paying £999! Checking XE Currency converter £999 is equivalent $1240 so in actual fact we should be paying more like £804 for the basic package if you convert $999 back in to GB Pounds!!

Interesting. Yes, I was referring to US DJI site as linked above.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

It's only the UK that has seen prices go up due to the £ exchange rate falling down.

It's only the UK that has seen prices go up due to the £ exchange rate falling down.
Agree that is the reason they would quote for the increase... however, I don't agree that it's a valid reason for them to make an increase!! None of the UK main sellers have increased their prices (that I've seen).... just DJI!

Also, £999 up to £1099... that's a straight 10% increase!... The exchange rate is marginally better for us today than it was on the original release date (roughly $1.21/£ on 14th Oct... today it is $1.25/£).... where's the justification for a 10% increase in that case?....

Normally I wouldn't buy this kind of thing direct from China or the US but in this case I might have to make an exception!!

Agree that is the reason they would quote for the increase... however, I don't agree that it's a valid reason for them to make an increase!! None of the UK main sellers have increased their prices (that I've seen).... just DJI!

Also, £999 up to £1099... that's a straight 10% increase!... The exchange rate is marginally better for us today than it was on the original release date (roughly $1.21/£ on 14th Oct... today it is $1.25/£).... where's the justification for a 10% increase in that case?....

Normally I wouldn't buy this kind of thing direct from China or the US but in this case I might have to make an exception!!
I understand you pain Jamesmac. Thing is, any new orders through DJI will be at the current exchange rate which was creeping up in the UK. Orders through dealers were for Mavics paid for a while ago. Also taxes are very different for each country. I paid $2500NZ for the combo which is over 1400GBP but that includes all taxes. I believe in the U.S. they pay a higher income tax but no VAT or GST like we do hence cheaper product prices.

I understand you pain Jamesmac. Thing is, any new orders through DJI will be at the current exchange rate which was creeping up in the UK. Orders through dealers were for Mavics paid for a while ago. Also taxes are very different for each country. I paid $2500NZ for the combo which is over 1400GBP but that includes all taxes. I believe in the U.S. they pay a higher income tax but no VAT or GST like we do hence cheaper product prices.

Valid point, we in the US do not pay VAT. But like most places love their taxes. Get you one way or another.
If I order from the UK, there is a VAT and w/o VAT price.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121