DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fried Toast

Reactions
Sendai, Miyagi Phantom/Mavic pilot here. Just starting a thread for us DJI pilots in Japan.

I fly a P3P and some Mavics for regional (NE Japan) promotional videos. 東北インバウンドの関係の動画を撮ってます。宜しくお願いします!

Reactions: keio
Had a link from Fried Toast, Playing around with my Mavicpro.I work at a membership horse riding club in Gotemba,Shizuoka,Japan.
Nice to meet you all!
293dc7048a335cd68ba80514c9005f27.jpg

He
Are you still around? Or has your trip ended? Get any good footage?
Hey, yeah I am, currently in Osaka. Been droning abit, not too much. With all the laws and stuff. Been waking up early in the morning and just flying the drone straight up to take photos. I don't even fly it around to avoid risks, plus there's a lot of interference.
Check out some of the photos at : escapesomewheregallery.wordpress.com or my instagram: Gary Nguyen (@escape.somewhere) • Instagram photos and videos

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hey, yeah I am, currently in Osaka. Been droning abit, not too much. With all the laws and stuff. Been waking up early in the morning and just flying the drone straight up to take photos. I don't even fly it around to avoid risks, plus there's a lot of interference.

Hi, sounds like its not too bad to take the Mavic to Japan, despite what I hear elsewhere. I am heading to Osaka/Kobe on Friday, and curious to know what you exactly had issues with in terms of 'law and stuff'. I am looking at this: Current Law on Drones and UAV's in Japan and think I safe to fly within nature/coastal area's along the way from Kobe to Himeji.

Hey guys and girls, just came back from Japan. I have no experience in flying there before, so was a little nervous, but all worked out. Got some nice footage and pics of Akashi Bridge and Kobe.

I cannot comment on the customs and immigration, as they didnt check my bag, but I think its fine. Aparently its forbidden to fly at the beach I was, near Kobe (Suma Beach), but as I didnt see any signs and was far from people, I had no problem.

Also launched from a rooftop in Kobe in the early morning and dusk, and again no problem. Flying at Akashi Bridge was a bit more daunting, as at one point I had a loss of signal due to interference I guess at the top of the bridge, and the Mavic started returning home, luckily just enough to clear the pilons (mental note, set return to home higher than anything you flying around).

Hello there ! Tokyo, Setagaya-ku here. =) New to the scene, owner from a Mavic Air 2 since yesterday evening, struggling to find spots in this no-fly zone area which is Tokyo. ;-)

砧緑地とかは飛ばせるのでしょうかね?実際に行ってはいないですけれど。
東京は難しいでしょう。
御殿場に来る用事があれば、飛ばし放題です。
自衛隊の場所以外は。

砧緑地とかは飛ばせるのでしょうかね?実際に行ってはいないですけれど。
東京は難しいでしょう。
御殿場に来る用事があれば、飛ばし放題です。
自衛隊の場所以外は。
なんだかんだ言われる前に自由が丘とか世田谷で飛ばしてしまいましたけれどね。

Only an expat living in Japan, Cybercowboy =) My nihongo skills are still limited so i'll go for English to answer you. ;-)
I was also thinking about 生田緑地 or the area in Tama north from よみうりゴルフ倶楽部, as they are out of the red which is not the case of 砧緑地 so my guess is this park is no-fly zone too, probably part of the 81s no-fly parks. Other than that, i don't see much to do except taking a train to Saitama, Chiba or even further to Kawaguchiko, Kamakura etc. You can see it here by yourself on the official civil aviation bureau website (hope it's ok to post such a link ? if not, really sorry).

Well... Another day without finding a viable spot. Yesterday night, i had to cross the name of the 2 locations above (tama and inagi areas) as they are drone unfriendly (local regulation) like almost every "white zone" out of the no-fly zone i checked which is in a 2h range... Kawaguchiko and Kamakura are also a no-go (local regulation again). It's so frustrating... Just drone schools where you pay 10k for 3-4h fly inside a ridiculous little hangar. =( Should have bought a new lense instead of a drone... *sigh*

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada